SASS Wire Forum

Capt Morgan Rum, SASS 6859 has passed

Dead_Head

Capt. Morgan Rum SASS 6859 Life TG Regulator (Steve Seguin) (August 2, 1951-August 4, 2020) has left the range. 

Steve was the Territorial Governor for the White Mountain Regulators of NH and ran the SASS New England (renamed Northeast) Regional 2006-2015.  He ran the WMR shoots for many years and ran many SASS NH State Championships, SASS Black Powder Shoot Outs and the famous WMR Iron Cowboy Shoots.

Steve traveled widely shooting SASS Championships with his wife, Miss Delaney Belle.  His daughter, Raven Maniac, also shot CAS for many years.

Steve won the SASS NH State Men’s Championship in 2002.   He was very competitive with many, many category championships, especially in Frontier Cartridge and B-Western.  He had suffered from Parkinson's Disease since 2016.

In his earlier life he had been a champion in NMLRA competitions at Friendship, IN in bench and buffalo.  He was also a noted drag racer traveling all over the Northeast and Canada.

NHchampsSASSweb.jpg

2002 SASS NH State Champions -

Miss Delaney Belle and Capt Morgan Rum.

CaptMorganRum.jpg

Capt Morgan Rum at the Halloween Shoot.

At Steve's request there will be no services. A family memorial will be held at a future date. 

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his name to the SASS Scholarship Foundation, 215 Cowboy Way, Edgewood, NM 87015. 

DAMN!!  Just DAMN!!  We met the Captain and Belle when they came down to shoot the Smokeout In The Hills at Possum Trot years ago!  Two better folks you’d never find!!

When Hatfield and I attended The Great Nor’easter, they were marvelous hosts.

Our sincerest condolences to Belle and Raven!!  We pray for their peace and comfort!!

The first time I shot at Candia I wondered who the guy was wearing the Mexican outfit.

It was Captain Morgan Rum.

Many fond memories of shooting with him.

I think the last time I saw him was at the Black Powder Match in Candia last year.

Vaya Con Dios Cap.

Capt. Morgan Rum was a driving force in promoting fun times and SASS in general in New England.  The "Intergalactic" BP Championship, the 5 - gun shoots, the Halloween shoots with everyone in crazy costumes, and all the work he did when the Regional system split to get New England Regional off the ground and then running smoothly.  His BP matches were one of the very few that Wonnerful Hubby could be persuaded to shoot and we always had such a great time!  Miss Delaney is one of the earliest Soot Sisters.  My condolences to her and Raven. 

I have many fond memories of shooting with both he and Delaney Belle.  His passing will leave a large void in CAS in the northeast.  RIP Captain.

He was one of the first people I met back in the good ol days of CAS in Marshfield VT, 1995.  It's been a great pleasure shooting with him and also working with him over 10 years at the Great Nor'easter.

Best regards and condolences to Delaney, Raven & family.  Another sad day in SASS land.

Happy Trails

He was a great cowboy . I remember attending our first Nor-easter. He came over to introduce himself and he made us feel at home. And every Nor-easter after that he always had smile when he saw us. Our condolences to Miss Delaney and the rest of family . RIP Capt!!!!

Nawlins Kid & Loco Poco Lobo

I am very sorry to hear this.  I was fortunate to attend the inaugural New England Regional and all subsequent Nor'easters until 2011 when I left the northeast, and I always appreciated the fine job done by CMR and his crew at these matches.  Their impromptu and heroic engineering efforts to resolve range flooding during several of those matches are legendary.  In those days, CMR and I had a healthy competition in northeast FC; RIP Captain Morgan Rum.

Condolences to the Captain's family and friends. RIP Cowboy

Steven B. Seguin, 69 passed away peacefully at home in Exeter, NH on August 4, 2020 from complications of Parkinson's Disease. 

Steven was born August 2, 1951 in Manchester, NH to the late Thomas and Marie (French) Seguin. A lifelong resident of Exeter, he attended St. Michaels Catholic School and graduated from Exeter High School in 1970. He also earned his Master's Degree in Business Education at Southern New Hampshire University.

Always one for an adventure, Steve enjoyed drag racing, rock music and cowboy action shooting. Known as 'Captain Morgan Rum' to his shooting companions, he was the Territorial Governor for the White Mountain Regulators of NH and ran the SASS New England (Northeast) Regional for many years in addition to many SASS NH State Championships, SASS Black Powder Shoot Outs and the famous Iron Cowboy Shoots. The 'Captain' will be greatly missed by the shooting community.

Steven was predeceased by his only brother Stanley Seguin, his father Thomas, his mother Marie and his first wife Kathie (Keller) Seguin.

Steven is survived by his wife Desiree (Knibbs) Seguin, son Michael and his wife Sarah (Smith) Seguin of Billerica MA, daughter Michele Seguin of Newmarket, NH and grandchildren Angel, Bethany, Alison, Claire, Annah and Issac. 

ARRANGEMENTS: At Steve's request there will be no services. A family memorial will be held at a future date. 

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his name to the SASS Scholarship Foundation, 215 Cowboy Way, Edgewood, NM 87015. 

Assisting the family with arrangements is the Cremation Society of NH, Hampton.To view Steven's Online Tribute, send condolences to the family, or for more information, visit www.csnh.com.

http://csnh.tributes.com/obituary/read/Steven-Seguin-108492224

Captain will be greatly missed.  Condolences to Miss Deleany.   Cap't was very helpful in getting the Beaver Creek Desp. club of the ground.

He was very large presence in almost all of the cowboy events around this area. Prayers for the family.

Archived