SASS Wire Forum

Battle of Athens, or Why the 2nd Amendment Still Matters

Subdeacon Joe

That bit of history is revered in this state!  We try to take our rights seriously!  This episode should be taught in every school in the country!!  

Sadly, it’s ignored in some of our own city schools these days.

I think there was a movie about it some time ago.

Oddly enough, watching the events in at least three American cities I've been reminded of this relatively unknown piece of Americana. Different sort of folks back then, I suppose. However. LOL. Being a vet and someone who spent his whole adult life working for "the Man" I'm acquainted with more than enough Americans that ARE of this caliber.

I’m thinking that some of our elected officials should seriously revisit this bit of history!!

When people have had enough, history WILL repeat itself!!

On 8/5/2020 at 1:43 PM, Dubious Don #56333 said:

Oddly enough, watching the events in at least three American cities I've been reminded of this relatively unknown piece of Americana. Different sort of folks back then, I suppose. However. LOL. Being a vet and someone who spent his whole adult life working for "the Man" I'm acquainted with more than enough Americans that ARE of this caliber.

I got the same feeling from listening to a podcast about the various rebellions in the early days of the US.  If I didn't know the podcasts were done well before the riots started, I would think they had been tailored and tweaked to highlight the similarities.  It was eye opening to me. 

Archived