SASS Wire Forum

CC Holsters

Anvil Al #59168

I like my JIT-slide. I can use it as a strong side OR crossdraw. It retains well and allows for easy draw and presentation.

I have a similar Galco holster for my Taurus 450 and a copy of the JIT for my full size 1911 double stack.

All of these are leather. I’ve had issues with the plastic retention holsters and just never tried a Kydex holster.

I’m looking for a good quality holster that is intended for use with bib overalls. Outside of strapping on one of my cowboy gun belts, I haven’t found anything useful. I even tried one of the high end concealed carry T-shirts, but found it less than satisfactory.

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3629.jpg

I had to Google JIT.

There's a big difference between JIT and J.I.T. :lol:

I carry mostly IWB. Leather seems to be the most comfortable but I have a comfortable Kydex from BBF for the SIG P938. Got it on Amazon I believe.

I have a Bianchi for the 1911s

A Rugged Gar for the Colt King Cobra. It's convertible from iwb to owb.Not many makers doing the King Cobra yet.

Not pictured is a Galco for the SW J frame. And a DeSantis Sof tuk for the SIG when I have the Viridian laser attached. It activates the laser upon drawing,

I have some Alien Gear holsters too. They are very comfortable, with a neoprene pad against your body. Only disadvantage is they are somewhat bulky.

My wife rolls her eyes every time I get another holster in the mail. I try a lot of them. ;)

BBFholster1.jpg

BBFholster2.jpg

Biancholster.jpg

RuggedGearholster.jpg

Quality holsters is one of those areas where you get what you pay for, so spend the money for a good holster

I prefer leather over Kydex, it's quieter when drawing or re-holstering a gun.  I have Kydex & leather for both IWB & OWB.  As for leather, Milt Sparks makes VERY good holsters.

I have a few of those Sticky holsters for the small frame guns.  Put them in your pocket and they stay put.  I prefer OWB for larger frames.  My pants keep shrinking and I don't think I could get anything more inside the waistband than is already there.  That and the frame would be poking me in the ,,,,,, side.  I don't strap one on often.  Prefer to keep one in the truck or in my briefcase.  Around these parts the most dangerous thing is an angry squirrel.

I like strong side iwb , love the look of leather but kydex is thinner retains its shape usually has adjustable retention and is usually cheaper . If your settled into a gun/style of holster always buy a weak side holster . If you screw up your dominant arm , hand , shoulder you don’t want to be sol 

12 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I like strong side iwb , love the look of leather but kydex is thinner retains its shape usually has adjustable retention and is usually cheaper . If your settled into a gun/style of holster always buy a weak side holster . If you screw up your dominant arm , hand , shoulder you don’t want to be sol 

I think I’ll wait till I screw up my good arm before I buy a weak side .

Or maybe it’s like a raincoat. If you have it, it won’t rain. ;)

1 minute ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I think I’ll wait till I screw up my good arm before I buy a weak side .

Or maybe it’s like a raincoat. If you have it, it won’t rain. ;)

It rained for me and sometimes it can take a little while to get a holster . 

Bought this holster for the last cc gun I got because it can be worn strong or weak side just by swapping the hardware. It’s also one of the more comfortable holsters I have , they say it’s meant for appendix but I really like it strong side 

https://lasconcealment.com/collections/holsters/products/shogun

I ordered a DeSantis holster for my new CZ today.  If it arrives before this thread dies, I will post again.  ;)

47 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Bought this holster for the last cc gun I got because it can be worn strong or weak side just by swapping the hardware. It’s also one of the more comfortable holsters I have , they say it’s meant for appendix but I really like it strong side 

https://lasconcealment.com/collections/holsters/products/shogun

That thing looks about as comfortable as a barbed wire jock strap....and with all those knobs, corners, and bulges it can't truly be concealable.  I rate plastic holsters right up there with plastic guns.

I am pretty much a leather person myself.

Have a couple of Galco's, one from 1791 leather that like.

And one they call leather lock from Urban leather. Will see how it holds up.

Also going to have Colt Faro make me one. He made my SASS rig and it is as good

as you can get. He does also make some CC holsters. And he always makes them look great also.

Ordered this the other day. Not sure if I will like it or not. But wanted to try it. Might be 5-6 months

before I get it as they say they are way behind.

https://www.tactipac.com/max-iwb-holster/

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That thing looks about as comfortable as a barbed wire jock strap....and with all those knobs, corners, and bulges it can't truly be concealable.  I rate plastic holsters right up there with plastic guns.

It’s actually quite comfortable, I’ve had many Mitch Rosen and Milt Sparks holsters in the past and while they are great looking this is far more comfortable for me . It’s also quite concealable, that wing tucks the pistol but into the body . I used to be a leather only guy until I gave kydex a go 

I really like the Alien Gear IWB holster for comfort and ease of carry, but if I am sitting down at a restaurant or in my truck it is hard to draw.

The GALCO shoulder holster is comfortable and convenient but you need to wear a jacket which makes you look out of place in hot weather.

Pocket holsters work well for hiding small pistols, but you need to draw in advance of any trouble.

I am still looking for the perfect solution.

Duffield

For OWB with a cover shirt or open carry, I use a Panther Concealment kydex holster.  For IWB carry, I use a CrossBreed Super-Tuck.

Mostly, I open carry here in Alabama.  Have to cover the dang thing up when I go down to Florida.

10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr, SASS #14478 Life said:

Black Arch Holsters are some of the most comfortable holsters I have ever worn.

https://www.blackarchholsters.com/

What’s the difference in the two clips offered. Mono lock and Foamy Clip?

With only two exceptions, all my holsters are leather, and OWB.  I have two Kydex IWB holsters for my Sig Sauer P938 and Colt Mustang.  I have three versions of the same leather primary carry holster, Bianchi Carry Lok.  I have them for Government Model 1911,  Officer's Model 1911 (works great for Commander size) and Sig Sauer P226/P229.  I have three Mernickle PSDA holsters for revolvers.  One for K frame, one for N frame and one for SAA.  

On 8/4/2020 at 9:28 AM, Anvil Al #59168 said:

We have had some threads on CC guns the last few weeks.

What about how you like to carry.

IWB? OWB? Leather or Kydex?

What do you like?

Include brands names if you like.

I've gone through more holsters than I care to admit, and inevitably I settle back in on the Kramer Horsehide Holsters.

I have both a IWB and a pancake for my carry guns.

Occasionally I use a Kydex IWB holster if I think I might be taking it on and off a few times, such as going to the Post Office

or other places where it's prohibited to carry.

For my 1911 and several others I have a Galco Yaqui slides, which I love for comfort, but will admit is not the best for concealing.

In a box I still have some under shirt holsters (Tee shirt type), and a Kangaroo undershirt holster (best of breed FWIW).

Kramer holsters: https://www.kramerleather.com/

Blade Tech:  https://blade-tech.com/

Galco: https://www.galcogunleather.com/yaqui-slide-belt-holster_8_4_1343.html

Kangaroo:  https://www.kangaroocarry.com/products/small-handgun-gun-holsters

There are many types and configurations out there, I even have a belly band floating around somewhere. 

I keep going back to my horsehide holsters though!

Hope this Helps

Shadow Catcher

For IWB I have had great results with the Bianchi 3S "Pistol Pocket" very soft leather and makes carrying a 1911 or full size Sig comfortable.

22 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

What’s the difference in the two clips offered. Mono lock and Foamy Clip?

Don't know, all I've every bought (8 so far) has been the Protos IWB or OWB with regular Black Powder Coated Clips.

I really like the hybrid style with leather against the skin & kydex for retention,

I'm a leather holster guy, generally carry OWB behind my right hip. I usually carry a Government Model 1911 in a pancake style holster that I made myself in my son's leather shop several years ago.

I do have one IWB holster that I've been known to carry a 1911 in. It's sort of a generic "almost one size fits all" that I bought at a gun show about ten years ago. It's all leather except for the belt clips. I used to have a pair of pants that was 2" bigger in the waist than I normally wear to use with that holster. Since I've lost 40 pounds I have several pairs of pants like that. Maybe I need to revisit that holster.. It's actually pretty comfortable to wear...

I carry an open top leather IWB as a crossdraw. IWB carry is uncomfortable for me, too much Dunlop's disease. I clip it to my belt and wear it between my belt and pants. Much more comfortable and the belt still snugs it up flat.

JHC

"Quality holsters is one of those areas where you get what you pay for, so spend the money for a good holster."

Not necessarily

25 minutes ago, Red Cent said:

"Quality holsters is one of those areas where you get what you pay for, so spend the money for a good holster."

Not necessarily

And belt!

Archived