SASS Wire Forum

Need Chikom 51 barrel

Tom Bullweed

Do any of you fine gun-savvy cowboys know where I could find a barrel assembly for a Chikom Type 51 pistol in 7.62x25? 

These Tokarev Type 33 copies shoot ammo that is usually loaded with corrosive primers.  Thirty years of shooting this otherwise perfect Vietnam bringback and a lack of proper cleaning makes this bore look like a miniature of the current condition of the Titanic.

I am not opposed to redlining, but need a competent 'smith for the job.

Me be here. Not positive the TT33 and Chico’s parts will interchange.

we found a couple cases of 51 s in a cache in Cambodia. They made good trade material. Pilots all wanted one it seems. I didn’t bring one back. Already had an SKS.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#query=Tokarev barrel

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Me be here. Not positive the TT33 and Chico’s parts will interchange.

we found a couple cases of 51 s in a cache in Cambodia. They made good trade material. Pilots all wanted one it seems. I didn’t bring one back. Already had an SKS.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#query=Tokarev barrel

Bob,  I assume you found the cache of Chinese pistols in the 2nd quarter of 1970.  I was a few Km's from the border in June.  The 155mm battery I was assigned to supported the incursion.  I spent a couple of weeks there before the 25th ID's assistant div. signal officer tapped me to move a pirate radio station located in An Loc & operated by the 11th ACR to Dau Tieng & operate it as the station's engineer.  The fun ended way to soon when the 25th returned to Schofield Barracks

4 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

Bob,  I assume you found the cache of Chinese pistols in the 2nd quarter of 1970.  I was a few Km's from the border in June.  The 155mm battery I was assigned to supported the incursion.  I spent a couple of weeks there before the 25th ID's assistant div. signal officer tapped me to move a pirate radio station located in An Loc & operated by the 11th ACR to Dau Tieng & operate it as the station's engineer.  The fun ended way to soon when the 25th returned to Schofield Barracks

Yes. 2/7 Cav in the Sanctuary Counteroffensive, May-June ‘70.

Archived