SASS Wire Forum

Ahh social media

Utah Bob #35998

I was just called a communist moron for saying I don’t have a problem with voting by mail, as I have done for years. 
Call me Comrade Bob.
And don’t use any complicated words when ya talks to me.

:rolleyes: 

Edit:  The purpose of my post is just to illustrate the oft amusing if cretinous behavior of the keyboard warriors on the Interweb. (Not that it really needs to be illustrated) 

Not to spark a discussion on mail-in vs in person voting. I don’t care what anyone prefers.

I also find it amusing that “Communist” is used by some folks anytime you disagree with them.
I suspect most of them couldn’t define communist in coherent sentences.  :lol:

I suspect it works better in some areas than others; by "better," I mean correctly and honestly.  Undoubtedly Southwestern Colorado is one of those areas.

Our Congressman (Jim Costa, "D") is undefeatable.   Actually, he has been defeated more than once, but always prevails with the discovery of "newly discovered" boxes of ballots - sometimes weeks after the election.  

For most of us it's likely to be a bit shaky at best, and a total quagmire at worst, with a predictable outcome that I personally don't look forward to.  :(  

12 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Can I vote in San Francisco with mail in ballots 

As often as you like~!   ^_^

(But you're expected to vote a certain way.  No matter... they'll correct it for you if you don't.)   ;)

Got my primary ballot in the mail, filled it out, and mailed it the next day.  It ain't rocket science.  

I once met Abraham Lincoln and a National Guard Armory in Ontario, California.  He was a gent who went to schools and answered questions for the audience.  Dead ringer for Honest Abe.

There may be a difference in handling the number of absentee ballots that have been requested in the past compared to over 120 million voters being mandated to vote by mail.  Many more votes available to be "discovered"  or altered on an as needed basis.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I was just called a communist moron for saying I don’t have a problem with voting by mail, as I have done for years. 
Call me Comrade Bob.
And don’t use any complicated words when ya talks to me.

:rolleyes: 

Edit:  The purpose of my post is just to illustrate the oft amusing if cretinous behavior of the keyboard warriors on the Interweb. (Not that it really needs to be illustrated) 

Not to spark a discussion on mail-in vs in person voting. I don’t care what anyone prefers.

I also find it amusing that “Communist” is used by some folks anytime you disagree with them.
I suspect most of them couldn’t define communist in coherent sentences.  :lol:

Posdravlyayu tovarishch           поздравляю товарищ. (Congratulations Comrade)

I have taken the option of voting by mail for years.  I do not like the idea of mandatory voting by mail. 

BS

7 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Posdravlyayu tovarishch           поздравляю товарищ. (Congratulations Comrade)

Спасибо   

10D1C096-76B4-4AF5-8F27-9244B380FBC8.jpeg

1 minute ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

At least it’s not one of those beanies.

Mosin-Nagant2.jpg

Absentee voting , when you request a ballot is totally different from just mass mailing out ballots to millions of people. I’ve been voting absentee for years, it’s a process and you must include SS# or DL# or state ID. After they verify that then and only then you get a ballot . Signature is also verified. 

The goal of the vote-by-mail promoters is, to have 110,000 ballots mailed in for a district with 90,000 registered voters.  They (leftists) don't necessarily want to win a given vote.  They want to cast doubt on any possible republican win.  If Trump wins, they'll be screaming "illegitimate!" for the next four years.

Election night will be a mess.  It will take weeks, if not months, to sort out the victors.  They will have to sort out the valid ballots from the fakes, dead voters and double voters.  Any eventual winner will be called a cheat by the other side.  Confidence in the electoral system will be shot.

The commies want all this.  They want us disgusted with the whole deal so they can do what they want when the right side just throws in the towel.

I mean this next statement with all due respect and charity to anyone on this forum.  Being supportive of 100% mail-in voting does not make you a communist.  It does make you what the communists call a "useful idiot", that is, someone who goes along with their plans with completely innocent "good intentions".  Please don't fall for this scam.  It WILL be the end of our country as we know it.

My two-cents is that this will be decided in the courts: mail-in voting before Nov 3rd, the results after Nov 3rd, and appeals after that.

The courts are made of a mix of elected and Gov't assigned judges, both of which are more political than just.

This ride just gets better as we go....

As for keyboard warriors, how about we restart meeting at dawn with seconds and arms-of-choice if we are offended?

When I got my Arizona drivers license after moving here, they registered me to vote, and what party I wanted to put on my voters registration card. Then they asked me if I wanted an early voters ballot which would allow me to vote by mail. I told them I would like an early voters ballot mailed to my address. Every time I moved I had to go to the AZMVD to change my address they would change the address on my voters registration card. Now to be able to vote here in Arizona, (if you don't have an early voters mail-in ballot so you can vote by mailing in your ballot early) you have to go to the voting place in your county and show your voters registration card and your Arizona drivers license. They have your name on file and check to make sure you are voting in the right place. When your early voters ballot comes in the mail it has your voters registration ID on the ballot. You then vote and put it in the mail or you can drop it off at a specified polling place. My point is, Arizona requires 2 forms of ID if you don't vote by mail, and if you vote early the ballot is mailed to you and that ballot has your Arizona voters registration ID on the ballot. Is it perfect, probably not, but it works pretty well here in Arizona.

We have a refrigerator in the garage.  It’s my fridge for beer.  When I go to fetch a beer, the wife asks where I’m going (because of the invisible ball and chain around my ankle).  I tell her, usually, that I’m going to the garage to find communists in the fridge.  You are welcome to a beer anytime you want, Bob.

Reminds me of the 2004 Washington State gubernatorial race between Dino Rossi (R) and Christine Gregoire (D).

Rossi won by an incredibly thin margin, 261 votes.  A recount was required.

Rossi again won the recount, but by a smaller margin; a third count was ordered.

Gregoire won the third count by 133 votes (after four votes for Rossi were tossed out).  Gregoire was declared the winner, a judge (John Bridges, a "D" appointee) ordered that there would be NO further counts. All ballots were destroyed.

Republicans demanded a re-vote, citing evidence that at least one major county (King,which includes Seattle) had failed to send ballots to active military personnel (likely Republican voters) as required by law; presentation of a list of 1,135 felons, deceased people, or people who allegedly voted twice, and indication that  for some precincts in King County there were more mail-in ballots than voters.  Mail-in ballots for six precincts were lost or destroyed; of those six, four were known to heavily support Rossi.

Judge Bridges rejected all the Republican claims and denied the re-vote request.

So what could possibly go wrong with a total mail-in system?  'Specially in California, with an absurdly permissive voter registration system (I recently read some self-described liberal boast about registering her two cats)?  Where "ballot harvesting" is practiced?  With a huge non-citizen population (both legal and illegal), many of whom have acknowledged that they vote?  And the Secretary of State barred from accessing their records to verify voter eligibility?  

What could go wrong?  

I don't have an issue with mail in ballots if the voter requests said ballot. It's the mailing a ballot to every breathing person in the area that scares me, since we know how completely out of date and inaccurate the registration records are.

19 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

IMO, this is entirely because you are an honest man.

My wife and I are both Vote-By-Mail registrants for many years, but we hand-carry and deposit the ballot in a collection.
In CA, we can check our party registration and follow each of our ballots as they are accepted into the system.

Here in CA, they "harvest" and "find" suitcases of (Democrat-only) votes for weeks after the polls close.
This is fraud on a massive scale.

There is a solution for voter fraud:

• Accept No Physical Votes after Polling Place closing Time
• Accept No mail-ins after the post mark date
• Valid ID required to vote.

Stop accepting voters and drop-off ballots after the polls close.

No exceptions.

Early voting is open for two weeks.
If you can't get your vote in with this much time, tough shit.

When the polls close, deliver those collected ballots to the counting house.  
Any additional bags of votes that are "found" after the delivery cutoff time, are discarded and burned unopened.

The responsibility for delivering votes lies with each polling place.  
They will be given X hours to bag and deliver their collected votes to the counting house.

Any bags of votes arriving after the cutoff time will be discarded and burned unopened.

The time is long overdue to put a complete stop to the "found" bags of votes that come in weeks after the polls close.

This, of course, will never happen.
There is too much vested interest in gaming the voting system.

7 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Not?

C2A3CA8A-7FE4-47EB-8F4A-46EBA78814A3.jpeg

I’m in the second rank but out of focus. ;)

I've never understood why they allow reporting on results from the east while voting is still going on in the west. For a fair election all voting should be finished before they start announcing results. Some voters may not vote because it appears their candidate is going to lose anyway. Some like to say they voted for the winner and may change their vote. And for those who "find" more votes as needed it may give them an idea of how many they need.

I'm not saying that many voters would switch votes to back a predicted winner but in a close race a small number can make the difference. 

Archived