SASS Wire Forum

It's Déjà Vu all over again

Watching the Bo'Sox and Mets game... a few cardboard cutouts representing fans in some of the lower seats, but the stands are otherwise vacant.

This SO reminds me of early 1970's A's games.  College buddies and I were there often (good, cheap fun!), and there were times when attendance would be in the hundreds.  Even their first home game of the 1972 World Series had empty seats.   :(

14 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

I was there ... back when tickets where reasonable priced 

IMG_0439.JPG

Aw, DAMN Dude!!

I yam all SORTS of jealous~!!  :lol:  :lol:  :P  :D

I did not make it to any of the series games... but there were years when buddies and I were fixtures at the Coliseum, driving over from San Francisco ever chance we got.  To heck with the "Ginats!"  ^_^

Ahh... the absurd stuff Finley would do to draw people ~ and the community just didn't appreciate it.  Like Hot Pants day (that required liberal application of eye bleach), and free "little league" type bat day (local kids used the bats to whup on miscellaneous white kids - they went to toy bats after that)...  One of my favorites was the underground life-sized Bugs Bunny that'd spin up out of the ground to deliver a basket of balls to the home plate ump...  :rolleyes:

A's Introducing Modern Harvey the Rabbit | Ballpark Digest

Archived