SASS Wire Forum

I Only Have One Uncle Left

He isn't rich and pretty sure I'm not in his will anyway.  Bob Daltons Colt is coming up for auction!

Comon lottery!

Imagine!  Five outlaws rode into Coffeeville, KS each sporting a matched pair of engraved Colt SAA!  Three are known.....makes you wonder what happened to the others.

Wow! $300,000-$550,000...That'll buy a lot of Rugers...

Who threw that?! :P

You can see some holster wear on that shooter. At first I was skeptical.

1 hour ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

Then there is this and since I'm winning the Powerball well why not?  Colt Gatling

Now that would be fun I would love to be able to own that.

10 hours ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

Then there is this and since I'm winning the Powerball well why not?  Colt Gatling

there is a dentist here in Bangor that has one of the reproduction Gatling guns. Someone asked him about having an antique one and he said that it doesn't hurt to shoot the repro and it is probably made better and with better materials too. His is .45-70. He had one in .30-40 but had a squib and blew a barrel.

I herd someone ask him about shooting it and he said that he does not go out as often because he needs a few guys to move and set it up. I told him to just give me a call and I will help. He hasn't called and it has been a few years.  

I’m thinking that both the Gatling Gun and the Bob Dalton Colt auction values are over-estimated.

I will be surprised if either gun gets a valid “Minimum Bid,” which both guns almost certainly have assigned to them.

Cat Brules

11 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

I’m thinking that both the Gatling Gun and the Bob Dalton Colt auction values are over-estimated.

I will be surprised if either gun gets a valid “Minimum Bid,” which both guns almost certainly have assigned to them.

Cat Brules

This is another that really stokes my interest as it was procured for the famous 4th Cavalry led by Col Randall MacKenzie.  They claim it as the best military Colt in existence.  Although overshadowed by Custer and the 7th, Mackenzie whipped more Indians on the southern plains than any other commander.  

Co. K 4th Cavalry SAA

I'm thinking this and the Dalton Colt will far exceed minimum because of their historical value.

Archived