SASS Wire Forum

Hickok45 shoots one of my favorites

Utah Bob #35998

The Uberti 1860 Henry. Love it.

Long, heavy, slow, but very cool!:wub:

Someone asked why I was hiding the receiver. Bright sun. Mucho reflection made it look like a Phased Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range. ;)

9F752A54-70C5-4998-9A6A-8848DD2A216E.jpeg

Been shooting a “iron frame” 1860 for fifteen years now. I won a couple of BP state championships in my category and shot several clean matches!

I also blew the damned thing up once!!   The Henry magazine explosion is a very real thing!! This rifle ain’t for those who like it simple and easy.  Mistakes can be amplified because it loads differently and things other rifles don’t even have move around while you’re shooting!!

It was a gift from Schoolmarm, slicked up and short stroked with all the bells and whistles before I ever saw it, and I’ve had a ball with it over the years!

I love it!!!

2 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I would never want to shoot an 1860, I'd burn my hand using BP  :ph34r: :FlagAm:

I can shoot mine with full house .44-40 BP loads without that being a problem. The problem is after the stage is over when you pick it up again. That's when all that heat has transferred to the outside of the barrel and magazine. I carry a rag on my belt for carrying to the unloading table.

7 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I would never want to shoot an 1860, I'd burn my hand using BP  :ph34r: :FlagAm:

BP is all I shoot out of er. :lol:

3 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I can shoot mine with full house .44-40 BP loads without that being a problem. The problem is after the stage is over when you pick it up again. That's when all that heat has transferred to the outside of the barrel and magazine. I carry a rag on my belt for carrying to the unloading table.

47 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

BB is all I shoot out of er. :lol:

You guys are better than me!  To quote Mr. Eastwood "A man has to know his limitations"  :D

7 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

You guys are better than me!  To quote Mr. Eastwood "A man has to know his limitations"  :D

If you come to Shooting in the Shade Labor Day weekend,  I'll let you try mine out with a full tube of BP rounds. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face. :)

Like Abilene Slim said, its not hot till you get ready to go to the unloading table.

Archived