SASS Wire Forum

HR5717

Utah Bob #35998

Anyone hear of any movement on this. Is it still in committee?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5717

Just now, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I believe it was sent back to "committee".

Politico speak for "It needs massaging"

It needs Killing.

Here's a question: the same people advocating defunding the police are the same ones that want law enforcement to run background checks and police gun and ammo purchases.  That takes money, which tells.me the defunding the police movement is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

6 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Here's a question: the same people advocating defunding the police are the same ones that want law enforcement to run background checks and police gun and ammo purchases.  That takes money, which tells.me the defunding the police movement is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

No one said these people were very bright...just "elected".

8 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

What they want to do by de-funding the police is basically prevent them from enforcement actions, claiming that the money would more effectively be used for social programs like counseling. They think this would eliminate crime. :blink:;)

Like "Wefare" was to help people get back on their feet.

Instead it became a way of life feeding on government program money. (tax money)

Like the current Unemployment money being higher than the wages of some people who now do not want to go back to work.

We, in Canada, already have a form of this bill enacted in law.

It hasn't worked here either.

It seems the criminals haven't read it, or if they have, they ignore it.

It hasn't stopped the left from trying even more draconian regulations and laws.

I expect it to stay with the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security until after the election.  I'm guessing that the Democrat's internal polling is showing that all the civil unrest is making voters lack enthusiasm for more gun control.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The Actions tab shows sent to committee at the end of March. 

Check out the Rekated Bills tab

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5717/related-bills

Good Lord!   :huh:

One-track minds, determined to make their mark on the world.  And that would be a narrow-gauge track at that.  <_<  

This bill is sponsored by Rep. Hank Johnson from the slums of Atlanta.  He's also the genius that asked if Guam would capsize if we sent too many troops over there.  He's just keeping the seat warm until they can find somebody even stupider than he is.

Yup.

Hank Johnson.

True genius.

Do not make the mistake of allowing Johnson's acuity - or lack of - to be a factor in the passage of this or any other bill he may introduce:  his party has a practice of blind mutual support, usually under the direction of the "party bosses."  -_-

(Note:  Said "bosses" may occasionally allow select party members to vote contrary to the party line to appease constituents as long as they are assured of already having enough votes to achieve their goal.) 

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

This bill is sponsored by Rep. Hank Johnson from the slums of Atlanta.  He's also the genius that asked if Guam would capsize if we sent too many troops over there.  He's just keeping the seat warm until they can find somebody even stupider than he is.

I love Hank I bet coworker $100 that he said Guam would tip over 

the look on her face when i shoulded her the video.... have to say  spending that money was so much fun 

The Senate will kill it.

15 minutes ago, South-Eye Ned said:

The Senate will kill it.

We hope!!

Go Vote!!!

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Good Lord!   :huh:

One-track minds, determined to make their mark on the world.  And that would be a narrow-gauge track at that.  <_<  

No more like a skid mark on the skivvies of America 

5 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I can hear the argument now...Gun/ammo buyers will have to wait much longer because the limited number of law enforcement are too busy trying to stop crime.  It would be just another form of gun control that we don't need.

Don't get worked up about it, Bob.  It's just more useless political posturing and placating their base.

They know it wouldn't have a chance in the Senate and even less of a chance of it getting signed by Trump.

Nasty Pelosi doesn't want to actually lose, so she's not going to even go through the motions with it.  If their base gets wind of it and starts raising a stink over it sitting in committee, then it will still be the Senate's and Trump's fault.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 1:26 PM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Stupider than Hank Johnson??? They are going to wait a l-o-n-g time to find a person that in my opinion doesn't exist.

21 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Don't get worked up about it, Bob.  It's just more useless political posturing and placating their base.

They know it wouldn't have a chance in the Senate and even less of a chance of it getting signed by Trump.

Nasty Pelosi doesn't want to actually lose, so she's not going to even go through the motions with it.  If their base gets wind of it and starts raising a stink over it sitting in committee, then it will still be the Senate's and Trump's fault.

Not worked up. Just vigilant.

3 hours ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

Stupider than Hank Johnson??? They are going to wait a l-o-n-g time to find a person that in my opinion doesn't exist.

I await the AOC-Johnson Balance Guam bill with much anticipation.

4 hours ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

I have 3 letters for you AOC

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

I have 3 letters for you AOC

She’s not stupid. Just nutz.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:22 PM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

We, in Canada, already have a form of this bill enacted in law.

It hasn't worked here either.

It seems the criminals haven't read it, or if they have, they ignore it.

It hasn't stopped the left from trying even more draconian regulations and laws.

They tend to think the reason it hasn’t worked is because they haven’t done enough of it yet . They can’t seem to grasp the concept that criminals don’t care about the law .  

15 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

They tend to think the reason it hasn’t worked is because they haven’t done enough of it yet . They can’t seem to grasp the concept that criminals don’t care about the law .  

That's because they think that they're the smartest people in the room and, since they are so naturally superior, they can't be wrong. 

Note that disagreement with them is always taken by them as a sign that the opposition is intellectually inferior to them.

2 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

That's because they think that they're the smartest people in the room and, since they are so naturally superior, they can't be wrong. 

Note that disagreement with them is always taken by them as a sign that the opposition is inteclectually inferior to them.

I’ve also noticed “compromise” means do what I want 

5 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

When dealing with Leftists, remember that they have their own language made up of English words with different meanings,.

"Compromise" means you give in and they get what they want- just like how "common sense" refers to whatever outrageous thing they are supporting at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

10 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

When dealing with Leftists, remember that they have their own language made up of English words with different meanings,.

"Compromise" means you give in and they get what they want- just like how "common sense" refers to whatever outrageous thing they are supporting at the moment.

Exactly like: https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2013/11/08/cake-and-compromise-illustrated-guide-to-gun-control/  which has been posted here many times before.

Similar to 

On 7/30/2020 at 12:22 PM, Trigger Mike said:

If they defund the police the results would also include little or no background checks being made. Then, “Sorry your background check hasn’t been processed yet you will have to wait until it can be prioritized (not - never).” 

CJ Calder

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

If they defund the police the results would also include little or no background checks being made. Then, “Sorry your background check hasn’t been processed yet you will have to wait until it can be prioritized (not - never).” 

CJ Calder

And then this happens.

But then, they live in a fantasy world, so maybe they plan on jumping into Doc's Delorean, going back in time and stopping the invention of gunpowder.

Yeah. That must be it.  

7ff8i5v.jpg

2htWA0m.jpg

9a7e284ee813026f18d254411f51a6ae.jpg

ax9LLen.jpg

ZaVtC2m.jpg

Archived