SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot Countdown!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/8/2022 at 10:57 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I made the mistake of giving my old Director my phone number. He has texted me several times already to ask questions about things we already went over. -_-

I did tell him that he has 4 or 5 weeks before that number will no longer be valid. I am changing numbers when I get to WV. Probably sooner rather than later. :rolleyes:

They threw me a little going away party. I specifically told them I did not want a big send off. I heard it through the grapevine that they had planned a huge event. It was nice to know that they planned it but I know many would only show up because of free food, not because they wanted to see me and wish me well. 

The one thing that hurt a bit was my Sr. Exec. Director and my Sr. Director, men that I worked hard for, made look good on numerous occasions and performed the job of 3 people for never bothered showing up or even calling that they couldn’t make it due to a feigned busy schedule or emergency meeting - I had access to their calendars. I guess they forgot. :huh: AND they also have my personal number so they could have tested or even called after the fact. Oh well. 

I need a little advice…

Here’s the thing. My old Sr. Exec. Director had a plaque made up for me. Actually it is a mock “bus stop sign”. A very cheaply made bus stop sign they had done at the agency sign shop at a very low cost. First of all, I hate buses. I have never worked on “bus side”, as they call it and, on top of that, there has always been a bitter rivalry between bus and rail at this agency. 

Here’s the plaque. It’s approx. 16” X 18”

38501305-1165-4545-8AD9-0EA532A120B5.thumb.jpeg.4f267710d2627258f2b142e652b23e5d.jpeg

Honestly, this thing is an insult to me. Both of these honchos knew darn well it would be, I’m sure. The real kicker is I have over 18 years total with this agency and they put “3 years”? Gimme a break. 

I have considered a couple of options and I would like your advice. 

1. Mail it back to them with a note stating my displeasure with them. 
2. Use it as a target and send them a photo of the results. 
3. Use it as a target then toss it. 
4. Throw it away and be done with it. 

What say you? 

Option #4.  And shake the dust of that place off your feet.

Did your furniture arrive OK?

Are you get settled in yet?

When's the house warming?

On 8/9/2022 at 6:22 PM, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Option #4.  And shake the dust of that place off your feet.

I did just that. First I bent it in half then chucked it into the recycle bin. It was aluminum. ;)

13 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Did your furniture arrive OK?

Are you get settled in yet?

When's the house warming?

We haven’t received our pod / container yet. It is due tomorrow and on Saturday I have 2 guys coming to unload it. 
We have been sleeping on an air bed. We have a tv, 2 folding chairs and a big tray table. :D

We won’t be having a house warming. No room. :) This house is small. 800 sq ft. 

It’s only temporary until next summer. The goal is to research the area and buy a house before next July. Then we move again. :lol:

On 8/9/2022 at 5:15 PM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

zero + 37

....... are ya bored yet ?  :huh:

Nope

Don' be picking on poor Pat. He's suffering badly from tofu withdrawal.

15 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Don' be picking on poor Pat. He's suffering badly from tofu withdrawal.

I will have you know that I do not eat that stuff…ever. I tried it back in the early 80’s, just like sushi, a couple of times was enough…and it was tried to be polite to others. :P

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I will have you know that I do not eat that stuff…ever. I tried it back in the early 80’s, just like sushi, a couple of times was enough…and it was tried to be polite to others. :P

Just so you are aware, out in West Virginia, sushi is called bait! Hope your unloading goes smoothly tomorrow, prayers for you guys from here!

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

Just so you are aware, out in West Virginia, sushi is called bait! Hope your unloading goes smoothly tomorrow, prayers for you guys from here!

You got that right! :lol:

Thank you. The shipping container just arrived. :)

Archived