SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot Countdown!

9 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I made the mistake of giving my old Director my phone number. He has texted me several times already to ask questions about things we already went over. -_-

I did tell him that he has 4 or 5 weeks before that number will no longer be valid. I am changing numbers when I get to WV. Probably sooner rather than later. :rolleyes:

They threw me a little going away party. I specifically told them I did not want a big send off. I heard it through the grapevine that they had planned a huge event. It was nice to know that they planned it but I know many would only show up because of free food, not because they wanted to see me and wish me well. 

The one thing that hurt a bit was my Sr. Exec. Director and my Sr. Director, men that I worked hard for, made look good on numerous occasions and performed the job of 3 people for never bothered showing up or even calling that they couldn’t make it due to a feigned busy schedule or emergency meeting - I had access to their calendars. I guess they forgot. :huh: AND they also have my personal number so they could have tested or even called after the fact. Oh well. 

I need a little advice…

Here’s the thing. My old Sr. Exec. Director had a plaque made up for me. Actually it is a mock “bus stop sign”. A very cheaply made bus stop sign they had done at the agency sign shop at a very low cost. First of all, I hate buses. I have never worked on “bus side”, as they call it and, on top of that, there has always been a bitter rivalry between bus and rail at this agency. 

Here’s the plaque. It’s approx. 16” X 18”

38501305-1165-4545-8AD9-0EA532A120B5.thumb.jpeg.4f267710d2627258f2b142e652b23e5d.jpeg

Honestly, this thing is an insult to me. Both of these honchos knew darn well it would be, I’m sure. The real kicker is I have over 18 years total with this agency and they put “3 years”? Gimme a break. 

I have considered a couple of options and I would like your advice. 

1. Mail it back to them with a note stating my displeasure with them. 
2. Use it as a target and send them a photo of the results. 
3. Use it as a target then toss it. 
4. Throw it away and be done with it. 

What say you? 

Put it the outhouse so that the odor will cause corrosion and decay upon its shiny surface. You can face it to the wall if you prefer. :P

Good Luck in you new endeavors.

Just relax and enjoy yourself and your wife.

CJ

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I made the mistake of giving my old Director my phone number. He has texted me several times already to ask questions about things we already went over. -_-

I did tell him that he has 4 or 5 weeks before that number will no longer be valid. I am changing numbers when I get to WV. Probably sooner rather than later. :rolleyes:

They threw me a little going away party. I specifically told them I did not want a big send off. I heard it through the grapevine that they had planned a huge event. It was nice to know that they planned it but I know many would only show up because of free food, not because they wanted to see me and wish me well. 

The one thing that hurt a bit was my Sr. Exec. Director and my Sr. Director, men that I worked hard for, made look good on numerous occasions and performed the job of 3 people for never bothered showing up or even calling that they couldn’t make it due to a feigned busy schedule or emergency meeting - I had access to their calendars. I guess they forgot. :huh: AND they also have my personal number so they could have tested or even called after the fact. Oh well. 

I need a little advice…

Here’s the thing. My old Sr. Exec. Director had a plaque made up for me. Actually it is a mock “bus stop sign”. A very cheaply made bus stop sign they had done at the agency sign shop at a very low cost. First of all, I hate buses. I have never worked on “bus side”, as they call it and, on top of that, there has always been a bitter rivalry between bus and rail at this agency. 

38501305-1165-4545-8AD9-0EA532A120B5.thumb.jpeg.4f267710d2627258f2b142e652b23e5d.jpeg

Honestly, this thing is an insult to me. Both of these honchos knew darn well it would be, I’m sure. The real kicker is I have over 18 years total with this agency and they put “3 years”? Gimme a break. 

What say you? 

Water over the dam - never burn the bridges behind you!  Yup, it is difficult to resist. 

36 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I need a little advice…

What say you? 

My retirement from the phone company was similar to yours, all of it. Go with # 3 as they don't really give a damn about us. After they can't bother you at home for things you covered and wrote down they won't even give you a second thought. They only care about themselves. Sadly.

I second the vote for #3.

No reason to burn a bridge that looks so good from afar.  :D

Plus, unless you returned it personally, you really wouldn't have much pleasure in their reaction.

So, #3.

And then do something fun. That's why you worked all those years...

Thank you Pards. :D

I will go with #3 and move on. 
image.thumb.png.3350d4f0cad2dfb4cd87764431e9a766.png

8 minutes ago, Brazos John said:

Plus, unless you returned it personally, you really wouldn't have much pleasure in their reaction.

Excellent point! :)

Imis has it right!!

This is late, but I loved Fireball XL5 when I was a bit younger.

Image result for Photos from Fireball XL5. Size: 182 x 102. Source: www.themoviedb.org     Image result for photos from fireball xl5

Acting was on par with Capt. Kirk!

Pards, let’s let this die. As of Saturday I am out of CA.

No offense meant and I appreciate the humor & gesture, but I just want to forget the bad of the last 3 years here in CA and that job. 

Have a safe journey east Pat. Don't get too many bugs in your teeth grinning as you cross out of that state you are leaving. 

35 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

" As of Saturday I am out of CA." ......

......... it's Saturday !

zero + 19

:)

Not in ca!!!!:P

(You darn future dwellers need some real world clocks down there!):rolleyes:

Archived