SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot Countdown!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going through all the crap I have collected over the years that is work related. I am sorting it to distribute it to folks I have worked with over the years. It's funny how the good memories of 30 years of work can fit into a couple of boxes. I have disposed of everything that I would consider to be stupid or blood pressure enhancement. I have done that at every job I have left, otherwise I would be sorting boxcar loads...

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Yep :D

Actually, we may end up in Pennsylvania just a few miles north of West Virginia. My wife’s uncle is offering us a smokin’ deal on my wife’s Grandmother’s old house. If that falls through it will definitely be WV. ;)

I can handle cold. I just can’t handle CA laws, selfish entitled people, high prices and high taxes. Regardless of how nice the weather is. 

On 1/17/2022 at 10:05 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Going through all the crap I have collected over the years that is work related. I am sorting it to distribute it to folks I have worked with over the years. It's funny how the good memories of 30 years of work can fit into a couple of boxes. I have disposed of everything that I would consider to be stupid or blood pressure enhancement. I have done that at every job I have left, otherwise I would be sorting boxcar loads...

I found myself doing that with tools after I retired and was ready to sell off toolboxes. "I remember i bought that to finish a road Job with Tas in 87" and "Puppy helped me with this thing in 16". kind of stuff. Cant take it with you and I am getting the same effect going through my Dad's  stuff. He was borderline stuffer/hoarder, grew up in Depression years. My rule has to be "When in doubt, throw it out".

Imis

On 1/23/2022 at 5:27 AM, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.thumb.png.0ed9d4942651866a2a1639debaa4d73e.pngDAYS

On 1/24/2022 at 7:20 AM, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.png.ef8c3ad4957ff8e0c8f4a281805735b8.pngDAYS

Honda RC 162

We have two 162s :)

We should be on 159 I think ;)

image.jpeg.1397309cb48cc27d8b30b69da24b7401.jpeg

Today I get to talk to the Director of Pensions & Benefits at work. Been trying for months to get a straight answer from these people. Hopefully today is the day. :)

And at 10:00am Pat will hijack the Union Pacific Big Boy to escape CA!

On 2/2/2022 at 6:14 AM, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

How did the meeting go?

It went well, thank you. I found out the first lady I talked to was either high or inept or both. My insurance will be half of what I was told, which is good. She also told me a few other tips and tricks to ensure that things went smoothly. She still owes me some numbers from my original retirement plan from before this agency was merged but I feel a lot better about things. 

It’s full steam ahead to retirement for me. I won’t have the money I thought I was going to have, but that’s okay. I am ready to be done with this jazz. 

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It went well, thank you. I found out the first lady I talked to was either high or inept or both. My insurance will be half of what I was told, which is good. She also told me a few other tips and tricks to ensure that things went smoothly. She still owes me some numbers from my original retirement plan from before this agency was merged but I feel a lot better about things. 

It’s full steam ahead to retirement for me. I won’t have the money I thought I was going to have, but that’s okay. I am ready to be done with this jazz. 

One thing I found strange about retirement was it takes some getting used to.  A few months in I felt like a kid skipping school.  Got an interesting part time gig and held it for six years.  Didn't pay much, but I learned a bunch of new stuff.  After that was done, I was mentally ready to retire. All the best to you on yours!

Archived