SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot Countdown!

Just think Pat. In 296 days this could be YOU on a Monday!!

9b39fd630cd4bb12ce5964e98de1d51f.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Just think Pat. In 296 days this could be YOU on a Monday!!

9b39fd630cd4bb12ce5964e98de1d51f.jpg

My wife and I are checking out places to live after we retire. We have checked out areas of Arizona, Flagstaff looks nice. 
In October we are going to Pennsylvania to see family but to also check out northern West Virginia as a possible retirement option. 
Sometime after October we are headed for Texas, in particular Lubbock and Amarillo to check them out. 

I was somewhat interested in a couple of places in Florida until I really researched weather. That and alligators. :D My wife is not a fan of reptiles…especially not BIIIIIIGGG reptiles. :lol:

It’s interesting to look into places to live without the added stuff that comes with a job. Several times in my career I have passed on job opportunities in nice cities because of traffic or required job responsibilities and even pay issues vs where I would be coming from. 

Now, those things aren’t really an issue. 

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My wife and I are checking out places to live after we retire. We have checked out areas of Arizona, Flagstaff looks nice. 
In October we are going to Pennsylvania to see family but to also check out northern West Virginia as a possible retirement option. 
Sometime after October we are headed for Texas, in particular Lubbock and Amarillo to check them out. 

I was somewhat interested in a couple of places in Florida until I really researched weather. That and alligators. :D My wife is not a fan of reptiles…especially not BIIIIIIGGG reptiles. :lol:

It’s interesting to look into places to live without the added stuff that comes with a job. Several times in my career I have passed on job opportunities in nice cities because of traffic or required job responsibilities and even pay issues vs where I would be coming from. 

Now, those things aren’t really an issue. 

You should check out East and NE TX as well. Plenty of SASS clubs and the weather is tolerable.

I would avoid Wichita Falls and points east along the Red River. Seems like the severe thunderstorms like following the Red River basin.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

You should check out East and NE TX as well. Plenty of SASS clubs and the weather is tolerable.

I would avoid Wichita Falls and points east along the Red River. Seems like the severe thunderstorms like following the Red River basin.

Thank you. 
I have always been under the impression that eastern Texas is very hot and muggy. High humidity. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Thank you. 
I have always been under the impression that eastern Texas is very hot and muggy. High humidity. 

It can be at times. However compared to the gulf coast it is down right dry. :D

image.png.8427ee042855996f8ad081a80e3f712f.png DAYS

IBM 286 PC

Where a lot of us got started on the road to the SASS wire. :D

The cost of my first one with:

image.png.142b3641355cd4b6d2100cc14ee3c64e.png

From a cost comparison website: $3,904.46 in 1983 is worth $10,724.21 today!

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

From a cost comparison website: $3,904.46 in 1983 is worth $10,724.21 today!

Holy Cow! You shoulda gone to Gateway. ;):lol:

Since you're getting so close to your retirement Pat, perhaps you should start thinking about new furniture for you and you wife.

Here's a possible suggestion:

Humour 16.jpg

Archived