SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot Countdown!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

4fd50f578c4acd074c96c009c09ee175.jpg

Before I got injured, every day at work I would refer to the wonderful count down that Injun Ryder so graciously provides. At some point during the morning I make mention of how many days I have left. 
This was somehow brought to the attention of my Sr. Executive Director. He mentioned it in a phone call and laughed about it. Later the St. Director (2 levels above me) called and told me that counting off my days publicly was unprofessional and could impact career advancement opportunities. He’s a nice guy but a bit dense. 
I laughed and said “Michael, if I was concerned would I be counting off the days until my retirement?” I got silence in return and then he laughed and said “How true. Never mind.”

34 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Before I got injured, every day at work I would refer to the wonderful count down that Injun Ryder so graciously provides. At some point during the morning I make mention of how many days I have left. 
This was somehow brought to the attention of my Sr. Executive Director. He mentioned it in a phone call and laughed about it. Later the St. Director (2 levels above me) called and told me that counting off my days publicly was unprofessional and could impact career advancement opportunities. He’s a nice guy but a bit dense. 
I laughed and said “Michael, if I was concerned would I be counting off the days until my retirement?” I got silence in return and then he laughed and said “How true. Never mind.”

I wasn't counting down the days before retirement; but, I did wait three months after my eligibility (to collect) birthday for a raise to take effect in my retirement pay.

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I wasn't counting down the days before retirement; but, I did wait three months after my eligibility (to collect) birthday for a raise to take effect in my retirement pay.

How interesting. Just for kicks after reading your post I went and did a little research. It turns out the (insert very nasty cuss words here) “people” in charge of my retirement lied to me. Incompetence reigns supreme where I work. I was told benefits were calculated on a calendar year basis. I even have that in writing in an email. It is actually Fiscal Year based July 1 - June 30. 
That really chaps my hide. I need to go through CalPERS, not the morons in my agency. 

Thank you so much for that post Allie. :D

29 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

How interesting. Just for kicks after reading your post I went and did a little research. It turns out the (insert very nasty cuss words here) “people” in charge of my retirement lied to me. Incompetence reigns supreme where I work. I was told benefits were calculated on a calendar year basis. I even have that in writing in an email. It is actually Fiscal Year based July 1 - June 30. 
That really chaps my hide. I need to go through CalPERS, not the morons in my agency. 

Thank you so much for that post Allie. :D

I receive CalPERS retirement benefits. If you receive a raise, you must wait a year (maybe it was the next fiscal year) for it to be included in your benefits. I don't remember anything about the year basis other than it was always fiscal. Anyway, I retired July 4 and I got a raise.  I retired in 2004. :o 

On 4/5/2021 at 11:10 AM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I receive CalPERS retirement benefits. If you receive a raise, you must wait a year (maybe it was the next fiscal year) for it to be included in your benefits. I don't remember anything about the year basis other than it was always fiscal. Anyway, I retired July 4 and I got a raise.  I retired in 2004. :o 

I will be contacting them soon. I think the PERS coordinator in my agency is an incompetent knucklehead. I cannot trust anything she says. I just found out that if you are temporarily disabled you lose benefits but you can buy back that time. I think I will put together a nice list of questions and send them an email. 

Thank you Allie. :)

4 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Sons With Arthritis Ibuprofen Chapter Biker Gift" Greeting Card by  CrazyKatDesigns | Redbubble

Are you patched over yet? @patriot

Yeah! Got my colors right here...

image.png.bddf682ee408e6249c63d73f32de0512.png

Pat's better half wanted him to stop riding, but changed her mind when she learned of his second passion!

838_bti_19_03_04_cartoon_retirement.jpg

One thing to remember once you are retired Pat:

(Ask me how I know!!)

1502d2468732bc86308def46ef628188.jpg

14 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.png.7f7d928e5eceb5057a9f76afe275ddc0.png DAYS

I cannot believe how much these sell for now. Crazy money for a .22 magnum. To each his own I guess. 

11 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

One thing to remember once you are retired Pat:

(Ask me how I know!!)

1502d2468732bc86308def46ef628188.jpg

Who’s old? I am mature and semi athletic...well, semi mobile...

Jumping in pretty late. Wish you the best Pat. I retired last October and am loving it, ‘crept for my accident :wacko: 

I do remember reading about IOD (injured on duty) that would add that time to the prospective retirement date. At least with my outfit, any time lost to IOD, Workers Comp, Sick Time (extended leave) or Family Leave would require the employee to make that time back up. Don’t want to rain on your parade, but I would rather you know about that kind of situation. Again, wish you the best. 

Archived