SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot Countdown!

58 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Although OLD and other friends are happy in So. MO, I've been to So. IL in all seasons. Both have tornadoes, snow, and humidity.  If the weather (and political) climate were better in So. IL, I would love to live there.

As cold as it has been here this week, I think I've ruled out So. ID and No. AZ (around Flagstaff).

Missouri is solid RED

Constitutional carry here.

We just bought in SW Springfield a beautiful 3br, 2ba all brick ranch style home with RV access and 2 car garage for 165K. 

BTW, vehicle registration is for 2yrs here and costs about $80.00.

Car insurance is less than half of what you pay in PRK.

Cost of living is so much cheaper here!

OLG 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Missouri is solid RED

Constitutional carry here.

We just bought in SW Springfield a beautiful 3br, 2ba all brick ranch style home with RV access and 2 car garage for 165K. 

BTW, vehicle registration is for 2yrs here and costs about $80.00.

Car insurance is less than half of what you pay in PRK.

Cost of living is so much cheaper here!

OLG 

Missouri has GREAT Bass Fishing. :D

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

No major weather issues here, unless you consider the political climate. :(

Tornadoes have specific corridors that NOAA can show you with weather history.

Where we will be living, is considered the lowest risk of anywhere. 

OLG 

Hey Pat Riot

Arkansas is paying people $10,000 to move there.

Northwest Arkansas is a great place to work, live and play: for recent grads, families, career changers, entrepreneurs, artists and more. We’re offering top remote working talent – maybe you? – a $10,000 cash incentive to move to the region. The funds will help with everything you need to set up your new life in Northwest Arkansas.

In addition to $10,000, incentive recipients will be gifted a street or mountain bicycle to help you take advantage of the 162 miles of paved trails, the 37-mile Razorback Regional Greenway and the 322 miles of world-class mountain biking trails that has made outdoor enthusiasts flock to the area. Alternatively, participants can choose an annual membership to one of our world-class arts and cultural institutions.

OLG, I looked the NOAA's Tornado Alley map up. https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/climate-information/extreme-events/us-tornado-climatology/tornado-alley

Illinois isn't even in it. Yet, one flattened my grand's barn with my uncle in it and flattened one block over from my cousin's office. The other cousin built a new home with a tornado shelter in the basement.

So, take steps to be safe as MO is between Tornado Alley and where my cousins live in So. IL.

38 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

OLG, I looked the NOAA's Tornado Alley map up. https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/climate-information/extreme-events/us-tornado-climatology/tornado-alley

Illinois isn't even in it. Yet, one flattened my grand's barn with my uncle in it and flattened one block over from my cousin's office. The other cousin built a new home with a tornado shelter in the basement.

So, take steps to be safe as MO is between Tornado Alley and where my cousins live in So. IL.

Tornado Alley is very much north of us. North of Hwy44.

Barbara has survived 5 Tornadoes. One flattened her folks house when she was a kid.

This was all just south of Saint Louis when her Dad worked for Mac Air.

One of the main reasons she wanted us in Springfield was the very low risk.

OLG 

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I lived in Rogers Arkansas as a kid. Wonderful place to be a kid in 1972. My brother visited there a few years ago. He told me I wouldn’t recognize the place. It grew up a lot. 

Considering how well this thread went the last time I went camping, I will do things differently this time!:D

Today:

799 days!

Tuesday:

798 days!

Wednesday:

797 days!

Thursday:

796 days!

I should be back for Friday!:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Considering how well this thread went the last time I went camping, I will do things differently this time!:D

Today:

799 days!

Tuesday:

798 days!

Wednesday:

797 days!

Thursday:

796 days!

This means we don't have adult supervision? Oh, yeah...

7 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Today:

799 days!

Tuesday:

798 days!

Wednesday:

797 days!

Thursday:

796 days!

Thank you Injun Ryder :D

Have a fun time.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 9:48 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have also been researching Texas Hill Country.

Pretty much everywhere you go there is some weather issue...or earthquakes. Hahaha

Beware of property taxes. Same value house in AZ has about 1/2 the property taxes as THC.

2 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Beware of property taxes. Same value house in AZ has about 1/2 the property taxes as THC.

Thank you. Good to know. :)

Go to the county tax assessors website and look at the assessed property value and what the taxes are at that value.

Keep in mind that if the property sells for more than the assessed value the property taxes will increase accordingly.

BTW Assessed property values and property taxes are public record in most states. However not all tax deductions are made public. Property taxes vary greatly by county in Texas.

In Texas and possibly other states land designated as agricultural has greatly reduced taxes vs land that is not.

Unlike AZ, Texas has no income taxes. Helps even things up a little.

21 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Texas has no income taxes. Helps even things up a little.

That definitely makes a difference. I think I need to start a spreadsheet with all these little bits of information regarding costs vs taxes vs property values vs etc...etc...

2 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

waiting on retirement - Skeleton computer | Meme Generator

And he got employee of the month

Yeah, if one isn’t careful one could have this happen where I work. They treat essential people with disdainful elitist attitudes until they need something and then they go out of their way to pee all over them afterwards. 

I came very very close to totally blowing it yesterday and getting myself terminated. 

Gotta keep my eye on the prize...798 days...

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yeah, if one isn’t careful one could have this happen where I work. They treat essential people with disdainful elitist attitudes until they need something and then they go out of their way to pee all over them afterwards. 

I came very very close to totally blowing it yesterday and getting myself terminated. 

Gotta keep my eye on the prize...798 days...

There has been those in my company that met retirement by leaving on a gurney. I have minimum 12 years until old enough so I might be one.

3 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

There has been those in my company that met retirement by leaving on a gurney. I have minimum 12 years until old enough so I might be one.

Hope not. 

Archived