SASS Wire Forum

Pat Riot Countdown!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he said sumthin about New York City... ;)

14 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

@Pat Riot, SASS #13748 so when the big day comes where are you going to go?  People need as much warning as we can give'em.

He's just going to catch the bus to Disneyland which is just up the road!:lol:

4 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

@Pat Riot, SASS #13748 so when the big day comes where are you going to go?  People need as much warning as we can give'em.

Not sure yet. My wife was thinking Pennsylvania. I am thinking Arizona. It’s up in the air. One thing is for sure, I will not stay in this state. 

4 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

I think he said sumthin about New York City... ;)

Only if New York is Hell and I am dead. 

4 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

He's just going to catch the bus to Disneyland which is just up the road!:lol:

See my thoughts on New York above. 

:P

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Not sure yet. My wife was thinking Pennsylvania. I am thinking Arizona. It’s up in the air. One thing is for sure, I will not stay in this state. 

I suggest you review the retirement advantages to any state you're thinking of.  For example states like NC and GA you have to pay tax on your retirement income, other states you don't.  Some states have ad-velorum tax on vehicles like AL, GA, MS.  Other states don't have income tax like TN but the sales tax is high.  One other big thing to consider is health care, if you're going to use Tricare make sure that the area has doctors that accept it.  When I was stationed in Chattanooga, TN I had to hunt to find doctors that took the insurance.

40 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I suggest you review the retirement advantages to any state you're thinking of.  For example states like NC and GA you have to pay tax on your retirement income, other states you don't.  Some states have ad-velorum tax on vehicles like AL, GA, MS.  Other states don't have income tax like TN but the sales tax is high.  One other big thing to consider is health care, if you're going to use Tricare make sure that the area has doctors that accept it.  When I was stationed in Chattanooga, TN I had to hunt to find doctors that took the insurance.

Thanks very much. Good info. :)

Howdy,

Note on how to count days.

This subject was a big one when I was in the Army, getting out became a big deal.

So you dont count the day you leave. consider that day zero.

And today is shot already so you dont count today.

The special number is the number of days between today and the exit.

And when I retired it was one of the few things everyone in the office agreed on.

Actually until you get to double digits, why get too worked up?

And if you dont get paid for them, remember to take vacation days too.

Best

CR

40 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Note on how to count days.

This subject was a big one when I was in the Army, getting out became a big deal.

So you dont count the day you leave. consider that day zero.

And today is shot already so you dont count today.

The special number is the number of days between today and the exit.

And when I retired it was one of the few things everyone in the office agreed on.

Actually until you get to double digits, why get too worked up?

And if you dont get paid for them, remember to take vacation days too.

Best

CR

So you are saying 874 days and a wakeup

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

874, 875, whatever it takes :D

Hey, it's your retirement, you pick!:lol: 

(Personally, I would take the lower number. Like I said earlier, I retired a year earlier than I planned as I could not take the company's attitude (cheap/bureaucratic) any longer.)

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Hey, it's your retirement, you pick!:lol: 

(Personally, I would take the lower number. Like I said earlier, I retired a year earlier than I planned as I could not take the company's attitude (cheap/bureaucratic) any longer.)

Okay. 874! :D

4 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ac0af8545c0fd122f2227646b2a77d97.jpegCan we get ice cream? PLEASE 

Absolutely! I got all those fixin’s except for the cherries...we’ll have to use strawberries. :D

Archived