SASS Wire Forum

Remington files for bankruptcy again

John Boy

I know that gun sales are brisk but are the guns being bought/sold made by Remington? As far as I can see hunting is on a huge down swing compared to what it use to be. The cost to go hunting is getting completely out of line. Fishing isn't cheap any more either. Seems like the gun market now days is directed in a different direction than what it use to be. The big Gun Games now day are mostly "Black" Guns.  

Snakebite

Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows a company to reorganize.  As has been reported, the large conglomerates that have owned Remington have systematically gutted the assets that produced profits. These financial pirates raked off the cream and failed to finance and encourage infrastructural improvements needed to keep the company moving forward!!

Hopefully, the next owner will right the ship and make firearms and ammunition production the priority and have the patience to build for long term profits!

In today’s economic environment, it’s more likely that the next purchaser will continue the course that recent predecessors have pursued.  :angry:

23 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows a company to reorganize.  As has been reported, the large conglomerates that have owned Remington have systematically gutted the assets that produced profits. These financial pirates raked off the cream and failed to finance and encourage infrastructural improvements needed to keep the company moving forward!!

Hopefully, the next owner will right the ship and make firearms and ammunition production the priority and have the patience to build for long term profits!

In today’s economic environment, it’s more likely that the next purchaser will continue the course that recent predecessors have pursued.  :angry:

Not sure it'll happen but the Navajo Nation has put in to buy the company.  They tried a few years ago but the judge ruled in favor of letting the creditors take control, Wall Street bankers don't know nuttin 'bout no gunsmithing.  Kind of ironic when you think about it this way, Remington's guns and ammunition were used to fight the Native Americans now it looks like the Native Americans may have the last laugh.  

5 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Not sure it'll happen but the Navajo Nation has put in to buy the company.  They tried a few years ago but the judge ruled in favor of letting the creditors take control, Wall Street bankers don't know nuttin 'bout no gunsmithing.  Kind of ironic when you think about it this way, Remington's guns and ammunition were used to fight the Native Americans now it looks like the Native Americans may have the last laugh.  

It's not, there was another thread here the other day about it; they withdrew the offer.

Remington, besides drowning in debt, is fighting lawsuits of different kinds. They were sued because of the Bushmaster used in the school massacre. And they recently settled for millions in regard to their Rem 700 trigger lawsuit. 

When Remington and Marlin were bound together by the Cerberus Group, Marlin suffered under management/quality control problems but I didn't hear anything about the Remington management.

Cerberus Group is a part of the problem!!

I may be a bit off base (perhaps just some resemblance to my Bushmaster)  but I think thet new Black Fly 3.0 short rifle version that can now be had with the new BUG-BEAM BUDDY DEAL  should be a market buster for us old salt's.   The old eyes aint what they used to be anymore but at least I will be a formidable foe for any future home invaders who might enter AND I want have to use my trusty .45s that the wife claims puts them great big holes in the walls!   Who know SASS might even start a new optics catagory for us ole iron sight squinters!! 

BUG-BEAM BUDDY DEALexplanetory

On 7/29/2020 at 6:44 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

Cerberus Group is a part of the problem!!

Yep, just like the pirates that took out Shopko. They didn't want the company, they wanted the real estate, so they took it over, loaded Shopko up with debt, spun the real estate into its own company and leased it back to Shopko, and then bankrupted Shopko. Bingo! Free real estate

23 minutes ago, StirrupTrouble said:

Yep, just like the pirates that took out Shopko. They didn't want the company, they wanted the real estate, so they took it over, loaded Shopko up with debt, spun the real estate into its own company and leased it back to Shopko, and then bankrupted Shopko. Bingo! Free real estate

EXACTLY!!!

Archived