SASS Wire Forum

WTB wild bunch 1911

I won a Remington R1 at a match. I don’t shoot a lot of WB, but it has worked well every time. They can usually be found for 5-600. Good gun for the money. Especially when I see guys having failures to feed with their $2000 guns! 

R1 is what i would choose if i was going with a simple cheap WB gun. It will shoot in traditional, and they're excellently made firearms.

Only big downside is that they dont accept aftermarket rear sites due to the cut being just slightly proprietary. On the other hand, if you're using it for WB then it doesnt matter since the sight cant be changed for traditional anyways.

I understand that Colt actually came out with a model, a few years back, that was somewhat a WW1 version but not one of the real high priced special limited editions that are floating around???  Not sure what these are going for now days BUT it would be a real Colt, I think??? 

2 hours ago, Slowhand Bob, 24229 said:

I understand that Colt actually came out with a model, a few years back, that was somewhat a WW1 version but not one of the real high priced special limited editions that are floating around???  Not sure what these are going for now days BUT it would be a real Colt, I think??? 

Colt just had a Black Army run. They were around 900- 1k. I haven’t seen one anywhere. 

I've had a couple ATI 1911s that ran great. A quick trigger job is all they needed to be good shooting guns. Also, slightly better sights than original 1911s

https://americantactical.us/939/detail.html

Archived