SASS Wire Forum

re-painting targets

Bugler

I have shot .36 Navies full time for the last 20 years and can't say I have had a hit called a miss, but have had a few misses called hits.  It is the game that I play for fun, I got into it after 2 heart attacks under 2 months.  My hands can't take the recoil from ROAs or 1860 Army's is the reason the Navies are my guns of choice.  I just don't understand why all the crap about called misses with the Navies.  In my opinion if you want to shoot a light weight round and can't take a called miss, from an old fart that can't hear good and their eyes are probably also bad, you should  find another game to play.  I will say I have not seen anyone yelling about a hit called a miss that I have shot with over the years.  I'm told it happens but I think very few  yell about it.  It is more something the fourm blows up.

23 hours ago, Bugler said:

....."Can a shooter request the targets be re-painted so as to ensure that hits are easily distinguished"?...

Yes a Shooter could make such a request and I see no reason why such a request should be granted.

17 hours ago, Diamond Curly SASS#57086 said:

I shoot 36 caliber C&B once or twice a season and know there will be some missed calls if all spotters are just listening to a ring with a hit. ..

Am I reading correctly that the Spotters are calling misses if a target doesn't "ring" instead of seeing an actual miss?

3 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Am I reading correctly that the Spotters are calling misses if a target doesn't "ring" instead of seeing an actual miss?

It happens.

In Texas had a spotter say they "heard" a miss... Me and my friends have always wondered what a miss sounded like.

Phantom

Amiss sounds alot like DANG

5 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Happens all the time with soft projectiles and dead targets.  

I'd like mine painted before I shoot !

I'd like something delightful, and something to keep my eyes focused on the targets.

Here is what I want painted on my targets:

cowgirl A.jpg

1 hour ago, T-Square said:

I'd like mine painted before I shoot !

I'd like something delightful, and something to keep my eyes focused on the targets.

Here is what I want painted on my targets:

cowgirl A.jpg

I couldn't shoot at a target like that.  

14 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

It happens... 

14 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Yes a Shooter could make such a request and I see no reason why such a request should be granted.

"Aim for the corners, few other people have hits there..."

8 hours ago, Jailhouse Jim, SASS #13104 said:

Happens all the time with soft projectiles and dead targets.  

Just like shooters, spotter abilities vary greatly.  

Ours are painted after set up and the first shooter gets the perk of shooting them. Everyone else shoots them without new paint. They’re definitely dry when we put them away. We use spring loaded sg targets so there’s no resetting. I’m sure our RO would deny a repaint. SASS/WASA rules are plenty generous about hits, misses and not sures. If its a hit, it’s a hit-if it’s a miss , it’s a miss- if it’s a not sure, it’s a hit. 
Wouldn’t want to shoot anything that cute either.

Matthew you have seen the calls where one spotter calls a miss and 2 call a hit, who is right?  You have seen it the other way around also.  Not talking rules, just what the spotter thinks as the rule is it goes to the shooter.

They can ask for it.

But won't get it.

Why should they get it and not everyone?

Almost all the ranges around here have one firing line.

You would have to have a down range on every posse on every shooter for the whole match

to make it fair for every shooter.

NO. *&&^^ NO 

Archived