SASS Wire Forum

Shout out to Kimber K6s

Trigger Mike

I liked the looks of the Kimber K6s 357 revolver but did not like the 900 price tag.  I waited and found one used for 700.  It is an accurate pistol.  I used to lament it not having a hammer and longed for the hammer version but since then sometimes also carried a smith revolver with a hammer and dust and lint get into the hammer area.  Not a problem for the hammer less Kimber.  

I often switch around and try other pistols but keep going back to the Kimber K6s.  It absorbs recoil fairly well even though I do have the pinched nerve issue going on and can't shoot many 357s because of it.   

You pay for the name like a Colt. I’ve had some Kimber I liked and some I didn’t. Personally I think they are overpriced. Glad you got a good deal on one.

The Kimber compact pro carry was not a good kimber.  It jamed a  lot after a couple of hundred rounds.  I sold it.  I don't trust kimber 1911s since then.  I have shot the commander size and it has not jammed.  You are right they are over priced.   

I have both a Kimber compact pro carry and a K6 (hammered) only paid 625. Love them both. Never have had a jam in my pro carry after 100s of rounds. I have arthritis and find the 357 a bit much so I shoot 38 +P

5 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

I have both a Kimber compact pro carry and a K6 (hammered) only paid 625. Love them both. Never have had a jam in my pro carry after 100s of rounds. I have arthritis and find the 357 a bit much so I shoot 38 +P

Try the hornady lite with pink on the box.  Excellent and accurate round and easy to shoot.  Matter of fact tye baby glock 9mm prefers it while the sig 938 likes 124 grain

6 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

Try the hornady lite with pink on the box.  Excellent and accurate round and easy to shoot.  Matter of fact tye baby glock 9mm prefers it while the sig 938 likes 124 grain

Yep. My current everyday carry is the sig 938. 124 go is all I’ve shot out of it. I do have some 115 grain, but they are really old reloads that I should either shoot or pull the bullets.

Archived