SASS Wire Forum

Lesson: Don't take your AK-47 to a "peaceful demonstration"

Looks like there was an unfortunate shooting last night (07/25/2020) in Austin.  One casualty.

The gist of the article (link below) seems to be that there was a demonstration, "demonstrators" were thumping on a car, an otherwise clean-cut looking [antifa] fella walked up to the car and pointed his AK-47 at the occupant(s), who in turn expressed displeasure at such by opening fire.  Car drives off in a hail of gunfire; survivors either surrendered or were captured, then later released.  

Some reports said he was shooting at the car's tires; others say he was "just brandishing."  Either way, he shoulda stayed home and watched re-runs of Get Smart.  -_-

His mother said that he and his wheelchair-bound fiancee had been demonstrating every day for the last 50 days.

Article about shooting

Interview with "victim" prior to the "incident"

As my late Uncle Ralph used to say... "Ya play stoopid games, ya win stoopid prizes!"  :wacko:

I truly hope we see this crap wind down soon... and hope it's not just the beginning.  Be careful out there, folks. :(

Protestors are getting more violent, cops are told to stand down and are being hurt and innocent citizens are getting tired of all the crap. I see more blood in the streets before this all said and done. Keep your powder dry pards, to quote Creedence Clearwater Revival, "I see a bad moon a risen, I see trouble on the way." 

Somebody fired a couple of rounds in Aurora at a Jeep that decided to drive up the Interstate that the protesters were blocking. They got out of the way. But one of them was armed.
Two or three protestors were wounded.

36 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Somebody fired a couple of rounds in Aurora at a Jeep that decided to drive up the Interstate that the protesters were blocking. They got out of the way. But one of them was armed.
Two or three protestors were wounded.

:blink:  :(

Had that been California, the motorist would've been charged with something nasty....   <_<

Austin and Louisville demonstrate why I really dislike open carry.  It won’t be long before some idiots on one side or another open up on each other en masse and that’s going to be used as an excuse to try to disarm all of us. 

Seamus

I’m thinking that someone will be pushed too far and expend a full magazine into a splinter gang of “protestors” coming after him/her.  If a few of such incidents occurs, a number of things could follow...good, and bad.  

Cat Brules

3 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Looks like there was an unfortunate shooting last night (07/25/2020) in Austin.  One casualty.

The gist of the article (link below) seems to be that there was a demonstration, "demonstrators" were thumping on a car, an otherwise clean-cut looking [antifa] fella walked up to the car and pointed his AK-47 at the occupant(s), who in turn expressed displeasure at such by opening fire.  Car drives off in a hail of gunfire; survivors either surrendered or were captured, then later released.  

Some reports said he was shooting at the car's tires; others say he was "just brandishing."  Either way, he shoulda stayed home and watched re-runs of Get Smart.  -_-

His mother said that he and his wheelchair-bound fiancee had been demonstrating every day for the last 50 days.

Article about shooting

Interview with "victim" prior to the "incident"

As my late Uncle Ralph used to say... "Ya play stoopid games, ya win stoopid prizes!"  :wacko:

I truly hope we see this crap wind down soon... and hope it's not just the beginning.  Be careful out there, folks. :(

Bet he won't do that again.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Bet he won't do that again.

He'll not be doin' much of anything anymore.  He be plumb daid.  

It seems there's something to what ol' Darwin had to say...

My biggest concern is one of these cities reaching a tipping point and a major street battle breaks out, giving rise to a countrywide spread of the violence as "progressive" so called leaders continue to emasculate the police and leave innocent citizens defenseless and on their own.

Good. That’s one more. 

Notice how the news story rambled in like a little kid explaining how something got broke but doesn’t want to actually say how something got broke? “...and then...and then...and then..,”

The video of the dead guy should be mandatory viewing in high school and college civil rights classes, along with a picture of his corpse. Maybe an education in “rights” is in order. 

Paraphrased “I brought my AK-47 along because they won’t let us exercise our rights. I brought it cause all the people that hate us and want to say (crap) to us are to big’a (pansies) to stop and do anything about it so...”

Hey dead dumbarse, that’s called the first amendment. 
Hey dead dumbarse, you’re dead because someone else exercised their rights because you are an ignorant bully. 
Bye dead dumbarse. 

I have a hard believing this is going on in Texas...but it is Austin. Texas needs to do some purging, it seems. Once that cancer takes hold...look out. 

10 hours ago, Sawhorse Kid said:

Well if you are going to point a gun at someone, You had better expect a bad reaction on the other end.

If they point a gun at me I won't disappoint them.  I don't want to shoot anyone ever again, but I can get over it if I have to.

Austin is and has been a liberal fortress in Texas for years!  The city DOES NOT represent the majority of people in Texas!!  However, liberals ARE the majority in Austin and they systematically bully those who don’t agree with them!!

This time,  the bully overplayed his hand and it resulted in his demise! He failed to account for the fact that others are also adamant about their own self protection and will not hesitate to act accordingly when threatened.

Make no mistake!!  If you point a gun at someone, you have threatened them.  When you threaten someone’s life, you forfeit any legal protection under the law.and become fair game. Unless you are protecting life or property, you have no business pointing your weapon at anyone!!

This idiot Antifa boy should serve as an example for those who riot, vandalize, and loot and those who violently attempt to impose their will on others!!

32 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Austin is and has been a liberal fortress in Texas for years!  The city DOES NOT represent the majority of people in Texas!! 

Beto the Fake Mexican came within 2.6% of unseating Ted Cruz.
Analysis of his votes show strength in the border regions.
If TX and FL blip to Blue, the GOP will never have enough Electoral College votes to seat another president.
Let that sink in...

It appears more than coincidence that liberal voters come with the computer industry.
Austin, Houston, San Jose, Seattle, Boise, Portland, Boston...

TX has been wooing CA business for years.
They flee CA with their inflated housing profits, feral children and B.S. liberal politics.. only to infect their new home with that of which they flee.

This drives the price of housing through the roof.
The property tax collector is a happy man, and locals are mad as hell about being priced out of the market.

BO II had a somewhat embattled Ted Cruz for an opponent and a major influx of out of state money to boost his appearance.  Now that more people know who and what he is,  it may be that he fades a good bit in popularity!!

Beto himself is not the point.
He's an idiot.

The real point is how CLOSE he got to unseating Ted Cruz, and moving TX toward Blue.
Big money or not, those votes were all counted.
The fact this idiot was even ON the ballot, let alone getting that close... is food for thought.

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Good. That’s one more less.

There.  Fixed it for ya, Pat!  :)

I've read several reports on this. As usual any witness accounts that support their agenda are reported as fact. Anything else is treated as lies. They mention the interview he gave but leave out the part when he said that those who hate him are too big of p@ssies to do anthing about it.

We don't know the whole sequence of events yet but the media reports it as stated by the "protesters".

23 hours ago, bgavin said:

I figure it will be in the South first.

Southern boys have always been the first to sign up in the event of a threat.

Guess he never learned enough gun safety lessons

Like:

Never point a firearm at something unless you are going to shoot it.

Never try to talk someone to death with a firearm.

Never threaten another person with a firearm. They may decide to take it seriously and shoot first.

Sounds like the guy that got shot did not learn some very basic rules about living here.  Of course, Austin, Houston, Dallas are little blue islands in an otherwise red sea, so perhaps the person wasn't in the majority of the state to learn the lessons.

Lesson one...you point your weapon at someone, like as not, they are also armed, and will shoot. 

Lesson two...never bluff if you are pointing/carrying a weapon. Never use it to make a point. The point most folks have, when someone points a firearm at them, is the person pointing it means to shoot them, and they will react accordingly. 

Lesson three...It is legal to carry a firearm in your car/truck/van/suv, in Texas, without a license-to-carry permit.  So, knowing that, most everyone, except in the libotard big cities, carries something...and even a lot of folks in the libotard big cities, carries something.  

Lesson four...Dr. King got more done, with non-violent methods, than anyone ever did with violent methods.  Meaning, a peaceful protest, will get more accomplished, than a confrontational/non-peaceful protest.  The pen is mightier than the sword if you want to get your point across, and have others give your stance any serious consideration at all.

Lesson five...and this is a difficult one for a lot of folks to comprehend....your actions have consequences.  Sometimes, they are small, other times they are huge, and sometimes they are fatal. Around here, you point a weapon at someone, or shoot at someone, like as not, they will take it seriously, and shoot back, and mean it.  What leftists/liberals don't seem to get is, most places here, a lot of folks are armed, so one needs to be more on the polite side...for you may get more than you give, if you're not careful. 

Lesson six...you take a firearm, to a supposedly "peaceful" demonstration, you are risking your, or someone else's, life. Leave your firearms at home, or in your vehicle.  Firearms are for recreation, target shooting, plinking, and defense...or ideally, should be here in the United States. The majority of gun owners are just that way...law abiding citizens, exercising their 2nd Amendment right to have firearms to be used for peaceful purposes, or defense.  Leftists/liberals don't need to re-write the Constitution, they need to re-read it.

The Bible says if someone is killed, while doing something wrong, then their blood is upon their own heads....meaning they are to blame for their own deaths. 

You point your firearm at someone, or shoot at them, or toward them, then the blame is on you, if you get in trouble.

It's too bad this happened, but that's what one gets for not thinking it all out beforehand, and considering the possible consequences. Today's kids have some very hard lessons to learn, if they live long enough. 

W.K.

Carrying a gun may be legal..... Your mileage may vary.

Pointing a gun in the direction is Brandishing.

Pulling the little piece that makes it go bang is attempted murder (and I am not going to ask what direction the thing was pointed). I am going to assume you are trying to kill someone.

On 7/26/2020 at 10:03 PM, bgavin said:

I figure sooner or later, we will have a Fort Sumter moment... which will kick it off.
I figure it will be in the South first.

I think you may be right.  Things are escalating and spreading.  Come November, about half the country is going to be mad as hell.  Those rioting will continue rioting because now they're madder than ever, or they're going to continue rioting because they know the new Boss isn't going to do anything about it.

The good news is most of them are idiots, like this dead guy.

I don't know if any of you were following the Not F***ing Around Coalition when they marched through DeKalb County Georgia a few weeks ago, but they had a similar march in St. Louis recently and three people ended up shot.  All of the wounded were NFAC members who were accidentally shot by one of their own during their weapons 'safety check' prior to the march.

One of their leaders spoke later and said. "We had an accident.  It happens."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2020/07/26/nfac-shooting-louisville-being-investigated-negligent-shooting/5514492002/

On 7/26/2020 at 8:29 PM, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Austin and Louisville demonstrate why I really dislike open carry.  It won’t be long before some idiots on one side or another open up on each other en masse and that’s going to be used as an excuse to try to disarm all of us. 

Seamus

DO NOT be afraid to carry and protect yourself!   

CB

17 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Never threaten another person with a firearm. They may decide to take it seriously and shoot first.

Never try to bluff with a gun either. 

If you ain't willing to use it, then leave it at home because you're likely to run into someone that actually takes you seriously and shoots you.

Archived