SASS Wire Forum

Hand sanitizer open container

Trigger Mike

Actually, I have a bottle of hand sanitizer that looks like a half pint of vodka sitting in the console of my truck. Luckily the label says Hand Sanitizer but the stuff does smell like vodka. 

Try putting a trigger spray head on the JD bottle      GW

45 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

if you keep a bottle of jack Daniel's in your car and declare it as hand sanitizer would you still be charged with open container?  

If you put it in a coozie marked BLM would that make it more legal?

Sure, go for it.

45 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

if you keep a bottle of jack Daniel's in your car and declare it as hand sanitizer would you still be charged with open container?  

If you put it in a coozie marked BLM would that make it more legal?

No

Yes

CB

43 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Actually, I have a bottle of hand sanitizer that looks like a half pint of vodka sitting in the console of my truck. Luckily the label says Hand Sanitizer but the stuff does smell like vodka. 

I have a smaller bottle in my truck with a spray top. Smells like tequila.....I've hated that smell ever since a certain Halloween party in 1983.:ph34r:

If you have a bottle of likker that's +70% alcohol I think there's a bigger problem. ;)

If you ever get pulled over driving solo in the high occupancy vehicle lane, just tell the cop you are social distancing.
The other person is in the car behind you.

Evidently there are a few people that drink it.There was a warning on the news about drinking hand sanitizer that was made in Mexico.It contains high levels of methanol and has caused several deaths and blindness.

Drinking Listerine used to be pretty common among the homeless around  here as was drinking Aqua Net hairspray. 

2 hours ago, bgavin said:

If you ever get pulled over driving solo in the high occupancy vehicle lane, just tell the cop you are social distancing.
The other person is in the car behind you.

And he or she will say “Yes, that was me behind you. In order to get to know you better I’ll need to see your license, registration and proof of insurance.” :P

7 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

If you have a bottle of likker that's +70% alcohol I think there's a bigger problem. ;)

Not a problem if it is paired with a bottle of Welch's grape juice.  The only time in my life that I consumed un-taxed likker was in Columbus GA.  It was shine mixed with Welch's.

8 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I'm wondering how many alcoholics drink their hand sanitizer.   I pulled over a guy once who drank bottles of rubbing alcohol because he needed a fast fix.  

7 hours ago, Choctaw Jack said:

Evidently there are a few people that drink it.There was a warning on the news about drinking hand sanitizer that was made in Mexico.It contains high levels of methanol and has caused several deaths and blindness.

Drinking Listerine used to be pretty common among the homeless around  here as was drinking Aqua Net hairspray. 

Some years ago I read that some hospitals were removing the bottles of hand sanitizer that they had everywhere because the alcoholics were drinking it.

My stepson and his wife both work at a hospital. The local micro-distillery has been taking the heads and tails that they would normally discard and using it to make hand sanitizer for the hospital where they work. My stepson said it makes your hands smell something awful. He described it as smelling very similar to an alcoholics breath after they have passed out from drinking the night before.  

Yea that'll work, just don't call me to bail you out, ya know just in case it doesn't!!:P

Archived