SASS Wire Forum

The REAL Summer Of Love - Interview, with Country Joe McDonald)

Cat Brules

Country Joe McDonald (Country Joe And The Fish) Is interviewed, and discusses the 1960’s, his experiences in the The Asbury Haiight District in San Francisco with Janis Joplin, etc., etc.  (This is for some who want to, “go back and remember,” and those who don’t remember it all, and want to understand.)  The video it’s about 25–26 minutes long.  I went through it and I’m still alive (there’s n reason not to be), and so are many, many others.

Here is the interview video, if you are interested:

Cat Brules

I watched the whole thing. I enjoyed it a lot. He's a pretty down-to-earth guy.

I was at Cal/Berkeley in 1966-67 and saw them play. We had school dances with Quicksilver Messenger Service, Moby Grape and the like. This interview really takes me back.

My wife and I got married in the Summer of Love. It was a great time. Lasted a few months (the SOL that is; the marriage is in its 54th year).

If you want to hear the greatest psychedelic songs of all time, go on YouTube and get Country Joe and the Fish's 'Bass Strings, and 'Section 43'-- but you must find the 1966 extended play version, a 3-song record-- not the later album versions. They are good, but can't touch the EP.  I first heard it in October 1966.

Thanks for posting that.

Archived