SASS Wire Forum

I did not want to take from a couple of good threads with dicussions about practice.  Within some valuable information is often the mention of using the par  capabilities of timer.  I like my PACT Club timer but have never set it up for par. Rather than take it from range bag I am giving thought to buying another timer for par use home where I do most of my dry firing. With par practice dry firing I can then go to range down the road and see how I improve in live firing.

My question, with PAR your main concern, what timer do you use for par?  I'm thinking the newer Club III by PAct may be good choice and cheaper than most. (Internet search shows one place in CA with them for under $85). 

13 minutes ago, Ringer said:

IPSC shot timer

Free online

Just for par try it before you buy something

Can I do that with my flip phone? Yep, no smart phone but do have tablet that I bet will work.

Thanks R....c u at CAC

4 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Can I do that with my flip phone? Yep, no smart phone but do have tablet that I bet will work.

Thanks R....c u at CAC

Probably can if it will do data.

Billy Boots,

For pistol dry fire practice, I set my Par Time for a specific time and try to be Reholstering before the Par Beep.

(For GF speed practice, my Par Time is set for 1.5 seconds for the draw and 10 clicks AND muzzles going back to

the holsters)

For my SG dry fire practice, I don't use the Par Time but rather 'smack' the timer to give me the indication of

approximate time for my run.   You can see a demonstration of it on YouTube (Widowmaker Dryfire Practice #3).

Best regards

..........Widder

I like my PACT, and the ability to set a delay start as well as a par time.  I can depress the start button and hold it down; the timer does not start until the button is released.  With a three second delay, I can get my hands on my hat brim or head or table top, or whatever starting position you may want to practice from.  Then do my drill at the beep and try to beat the second beep.

By the way Widder, draw + 10 clicks + reholster in 1.5 seconds is just obscene!  :angry:

24 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Billy Boots,

For pistol dry fire practice, I set my Par Time for a specific time and try to be Reholstering before the Par Beep.

(For GF speed practice, my Par Time is set for 1.5 seconds for the draw and 10 clicks AND muzzles going back to

the holsters)

For my SG dry fire practice, I don't use the Par Time but rather 'smack' the timer to give me the indication of

approximate time for my run.   You can see a demonstration of it on YouTube (Widowmaker Dryfire Practice #3).

Best regards

..........Widder

W,

Perfect.  Sounds like really a good tool in my practice. I like to dry fire and have pretty much made it a habit almost daily, especially since the Covid issue. I try not to let it be a disadvantage and place most of its importance  in flow and transitions....and smoothness of both.  We often joke about never missing in dry fire, but as many have suggested on couple other threads, one must keep that thought in their seriousness of dry firing  striving for accurate sight picture and not be fooled in the ease of sequence without the bang and recoil.

Like you, I have used the slap-the-timer technique on shotgun dry firing (and sometimes in a complete stage drill).  I realize the slap cast a tad in actual time, but versus true live fire the total will be close.

My buddy Non Stop just called and emphasized that the PACT timer I have will do just what I need in par setup so seems like am ready to give par time good use after all these years neglecting it.

Thanks for reply.

bb

Archived