SASS Wire Forum

How Cleveland Indians "Took a Knee."

Subdeacon Joe

On 7/23/2020 at 8:15 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

My team,;) I hope they don’t disappoint me and start kneeling ! 
GO TRIBE!!!

I think this maintains the respect for the flag and country while accommodating other viewpoints.

54 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Rye, I'm also a baseball fan.  But my friend, on the taking a knee during the National Anthem and the raising of the Flag, I most respectfully disagree with your view that you are only hurting yourself.

:FlagAm:

My team the Indians did not take a knee during the anthem! Did you not read the OP?? 

Not all the teams and players took a knee!

BTW who said anything about the “raising of the flag”??? :blink:

51 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

My team the Indians did not take a knee during the anthem! Did you not read the OP?? 

Not all the teams and players took a knee.

Please read this with a friendly, respectful tone of voice.

Logo of MLBMLB colors.

My friend, it's MLB that is allowing this.  I'm boycotting MLB because MLB players, while wearing MLB colors,  are allowed by MLB to take a knee during the National Anthem and raising of the Flag.  Indians are a part of MLB and wear MLB colors.   Same reason I've been boycotting NFL for the last few years because the NFL allowed just one player to take a knee during the National Anthem and raising of the Flag. 

Now, I'm not one to boycott entertainers because of different political opinions.  But some actions go over the limit for me and to the point where I also say, "I will not tolerate rude behavior."

I have no problem with folks here disagreeing with me on this.  I know I'm among my friends here.   After all, y'all put up with my crazy and more often silly antics! 

^_^

10 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Please read this with a friendly, respectful tone of voice.

Logo of MLBMLB colors.

My friend, it's MLB that is allowing this.  I'm boycotting MLB because MLB players, while wearing MLB colors,  are allowed by MLB to take a knee during the National Anthem and raising of the Flag.  Indians are a part of MLB and wear MLB colors.   Same reason I've been boycotting NFL for the last few years. 

Now, I'm not one to boycott entertainers because of different political opinions.  But some actions go over the limit for me and to the point where I also say, "I will not tolerate rude behavior."

I have no problem with folks here disagreeing with me on this.  I know I'm among my friends here.   After all, y'all but up with my crazy and more often silly antics! 

I get what you’re saying but I respectfully disagree. Actors and entertainers have been going over the limit for years! I have to repeat , not all teams and  players show disrespect for our flag. I will enjoy this season and somewhat return to normal. It sure feels good sitting here watching a good baseball game! Stay safe my friend .

21 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I agree to a certain point but I will still watch.I won’t deprive myself of a good baseball game. I’ve been a fan since 1955. If I boycott I’m only hurting myself. I’m a baseball fan!!

Enjoy 

Archived