Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alpo

Glock question

Recommended Posts

Can you disassemble it without it being hammer down?

 

I know you are not supposed to. First step in field stripping is pull the trigger to drop the hammer (and yes I know the Glock does not have a hammer, but that's an easier term for my train of thought).

 

But CAN you? Even if it damages the gun, is it possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well no. Perhaps if you used a hammer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no 'hammer' in a Glock.

The trigger must be in the fired position to remove the slide. 

OLG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have forgotten to pull the trigger after cycling my Glocks to  verify they are empty before disassembly and I wasn't able to bring the slide back far enough to disengage the slide lock for disassembly. That's how I knew I had forgotten to pull the trigger.

 

Now, could you disassemble regardless of damaging the gun? I do not know and I am not willing to try to find out. ;)

 

 

1911

Just thought I would get that out of the way. Now no one needs to mention it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why idiots shouldn't own Glocks, they forget to completely forget to empty it and then pull the trigger and BANG!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That's why idiots shouldn't own Glocks, they forget to completely forget to empty it and then pull the trigger and BANG!!! 

Case in point...my brother in law.

And right through his left hand. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't work on either of mine (yes, I've tried when I had my head up my rear). I guess a cutting torch would do it, but would probably be hard to reassemble.

JHC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Don't work on either of mine (yes, I've tried when I had my head up my rear). I guess a cutting torch would do it, but would probably be hard to reassemble.

JHC

JB Weld :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

There's no 'hammer' in a Glock

 

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

drop the hammer (and yes I know the Glock does not have a hammer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Alpo said:

Can you disassemble it without it being hammer down?

 

I know you are not supposed to. First step in field stripping is pull the trigger to drop the hammer (and yes I know the Glock does not have a hammer, but that's an easier term for my train of thought).

 

But CAN you? Even if it damages the gun, is it possible?

Is this before or after it's frozen in a block of salt water for a month, tumbled in a cement mixer full of gravel for a week and ran over by a D-8 dozer?:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Case in point...my brother in law.

And right through his left hand. :rolleyes:

Don't blame the gun.

 

There's a clip floating around the internet of a guy shooting himself in the hand while checking if his laser sight is working.  He was using a double action revolver with a set of Crimson Trace grips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That's why idiots shouldn't own Glocks, they forget to completely forget to empty it and then pull the trigger and BANG!!! 

Don't they all do that?

JHC :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly  you can remove the striker plate which will remove all spring pressure on the striker assembly which should allow you to remove the slide without pulling the trigger.

 

this is not the recommended way of disassembling a Glock 

 

always insure the glock is unloaded first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve owned a number of Glocks in various calibers and configurations. They work quite well and disassemble easily, if you follow the directions. 
 

Not following leads to holes in hands and other inconveniences, but that’s true with any firearm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.