SASS Wire Forum

Glock question

Alpo

Can you disassemble it without it being hammer down?

I know you are not supposed to. First step in field stripping is pull the trigger to drop the hammer (and yes I know the Glock does not have a hammer, but that's an easier term for my train of thought).

But CAN you? Even if it damages the gun, is it possible?

Well no. Perhaps if you used a hammer.

I have forgotten to pull the trigger after cycling my Glocks to  verify they are empty before disassembly and I wasn't able to bring the slide back far enough to disengage the slide lock for disassembly. That's how I knew I had forgotten to pull the trigger.

Now, could you disassemble regardless of damaging the gun? I do not know and I am not willing to try to find out. ;)

Just thought I would get that out of the way. Now no one needs to mention it.

That's why idiots shouldn't own Glocks, they forget to completely forget to empty it and then pull the trigger and BANG!!! 

39 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That's why idiots shouldn't own Glocks, they forget to completely forget to empty it and then pull the trigger and BANG!!! 

Case in point...my brother in law.

And right through his left hand. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Don't work on either of mine (yes, I've tried when I had my head up my rear). I guess a cutting torch would do it, but would probably be hard to reassemble.

JHC

JB Weld :D

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

There's no 'hammer' in a Glock

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

drop the hammer (and yes I know the Glock does not have a hammer

12 hours ago, Alpo said:

Can you disassemble it without it being hammer down?

I know you are not supposed to. First step in field stripping is pull the trigger to drop the hammer (and yes I know the Glock does not have a hammer, but that's an easier term for my train of thought).

But CAN you? Even if it damages the gun, is it possible?

Is this before or after it's frozen in a block of salt water for a month, tumbled in a cement mixer full of gravel for a week and ran over by a D-8 dozer?:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Case in point...my brother in law.

And right through his left hand. :rolleyes:

Don't blame the gun.

There's a clip floating around the internet of a guy shooting himself in the hand while checking if his laser sight is working.  He was using a double action revolver with a set of Crimson Trace grips.

12 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Don't they all do that?

JHC :blink:

If I remember correctly  you can remove the striker plate which will remove all spring pressure on the striker assembly which should allow you to remove the slide without pulling the trigger.

this is not the recommended way of disassembling a Glock 

always insure the glock is unloaded first!

I’ve owned a number of Glocks in various calibers and configurations. They work quite well and disassemble easily, if you follow the directions. 

Not following leads to holes in hands and other inconveniences, but that’s true with any firearm. 

Archived