SASS Wire Forum

Disagreement???

Mountain Man Champ

Was TOing for a lady shooter whose goal was a clean match. Probably averaged 50 second stages. On about the 4th stage she had a miss. All 3 spotters and I saw it. Absolutely no question that it was a clean miss. Shooter was adamant that she did not have a miss. I told her exactly which target and where the Bullet went. All 3 spotters concurred. She sulked the rest of the match. I decided to not TO or count for her again. 

I had this happen to me just this last weekend. I shot one stage and I shoot slow enough that I know if I hit or miss. I hit all the targets but was called for 1 miss. I asked the TO what I missed, he said he didn't know as he counted 20 dings, however spotters said 1. It wasn't a big deal since it wasn't like I was clean up to that point, just annoying.

How many who argue with the spotters calling a miss will argue with them calling a hit on one you thought you missed?  Calls go both ways.

When I coached youth baseball I would tell the kids before each game that there were going to be bad calls by the umpires. Sometimes in your favor, sometimes not.

So when you got the bad call, it was kinda expected so it was easy to shrug off. (Hey coach, got my bad call out of the way- good for a chuckle in the dugout)

And if you had a game with fair calls, it was a nice surprise.

If I can get to a match and back, without needing a tow truck, then it was a good match. (some of you will get that part):D

Petey gets badcalled occasionally on pistols.  His rounds sound funny.  It happened last week  - I saw the target jump (but it really didn't make much of a difference - a bad shoot is a bad shoot).  BUT If I were the  posseM I would fire spotters who call solely on sound.  One of the best spotters in the game is deaf.

The real point is, a shooter trying to intimidate the spotters, or tell the spotters what they saw, crawls all over my ex-husband nerve.  It ain't the Cowboy Way

If you know it's a hit, it's a hit,

If you think it's a hit, it's a hit,

If you think it's a miss, it's a hit,

If you know it's a miss, it's a miss.

However, if the above is not enough to understand the concept,  remember the following:  Absent clear evidence of a miss, it's a hit.  Regardless of what the TO, other spotters or peanut gallery think, YOU make the call as you see it.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:47 AM, McCandless said:

How many who argue with the spotters calling a miss will argue with them calling a hit on one you thought you missed?  Calls go both ways.

As TO I’ve overruled a shooter who argued that he had a miss . I told him all three spotters called him clean and he wasn’t a spotter so he didn’t get an opinion.

no one carries more a burden on this subject then the poor BP shooters when it comes to low life bottom feeding spotters but their lot in life is to suffer with a grin when them !@@^%$&( spotters caint hear or see the hit down range.  There is one time when we do need to accept that there might be some inkling of and excuse for such boorish behaviors on spotters part when it is a bp shooter and thet is if they unholster a .36 caliber revolver and a .38 special model rifle whilst proclaiming to be a true blue soot lord!!!  SORRY I didnt here the target ring,  heh heh heh, not sure I even heard the gunshot!!!  

Archived