SASS Wire Forum

Bordertown 2020 Cancelled

C.N. Double

Dear Bordertown Shooters,

The current world health situation has led us to make a hard decision.  That decision is to cancel Bordertown for this year - 2020.  After considering all the restrictions and requirements needed to ensure your safety and with no end in sight for this year the Board has determined we cannot provide the caliber of event you anticipate and that we enjoy providing.   We understand many plans have been made for Bordertown 2020, but hope you can carry them over into 2021.   We are already planning for next year and hope you will plan to join us then.  

Please be advised that all cheques we have received will be shredded unless you notify us otherwise.  Money orders 
will be returned to those of you whom have submitted them.  

Sincerely,
Quicksand
President - Bordertown Inc.

Sometimes the best decisions are the hardest to make.

I congratulate Bordertown in stepping up and making that hard decision.

We plan to be there in 2021

Thank you

Good decision, I know it was hard on you all to make this call.

Just keep my check and sign me up for next year:rolleyes:

I will miss seeing all my western friends this year but hopefully we will all be back next year.

5 hours ago, Blacksmith Jim #68489 L TG said:

Can we leave this years entries till next year ?

Check your email inbox.....

BT just put out an email to this years applicants with instructions on how to roll over to 2021! ;)

I know this was a tough decision to make.  The Bordertown crews put on an exceptional match and are all highly dedicated to CAS.  Put Cody and I in for 2021.  

7 hours ago, Kirk James said:

I know this was a tough decision to make.  The Bordertown crews put on an exceptional match and are all highly dedicated to CAS.  Put Cody and I in for 2021.  

I have you both on the renewed list for 2021 Bordertown. I am a board member and this will serve as your notification due by July 31st.

Johnny Meadows

You join a long list of responsible Match Directors and Club Leaders. It cost us dearly to cancel our Fort Miller match. The bulk of our club funds were tied up in it.  Everything had already been paid for, all material printed and ready to go. After 25 yrs of providing a first class Cowboy Action Shooting event we saw no way that we could move forward while satisfying State Mandates and Safety requirements and still provide the quality event that our attendees have come to expect and deserve. I applaud your decision and God willing, may try to come back and support you next year. 

Snakebite

People:  Please contact Quicksand (pikecoyle@msn.com or 520-240-9164) to let her know your decision. Putting it on the wire will not be guaranteed to get to her. 

Archived