SASS Wire Forum

Alcoholic Beverages with Meals in California

Does this mean no more beers in the ballparks if we ever get to go to a game again???

On 7/22/2020 at 1:07 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

No you can’t. Pot smoking in public is expressly prohibited by state law.

That's so that folks don't have to pass the joint, pipe or bong around to share the intoxicating smoke.

On 7/22/2020 at 2:34 PM, South-Eye Ned said:

I’ve been surviving off sandwiches for months, except for the sporadic dining out

Then go to NY where the governor just said hot wings don't count as food for the purposes of whether a business that serves alcohol can operate.  He stated sandwiches are food.

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Does this mean no more beers in the ballparks if we ever get to go to a game again???

By the time fans will be allowed to attend a game bars will be allowed to operate without having to serve food..

Just now, J.D. Daily said:

By the time fans will be allowed to attend a game bars will be allowed to operate without having to serve food..

We can certainly hope!!

On 7/23/2020 at 12:19 PM, Dubious Don #56333 said:

None of this makes sense, LOL. My SIL is/was a Bakersfield native until he married my daughter and moved to the Free Zone. He sent me this a few days ago. Wow.

I get it. They think people at bars fail to social distance and such. Name me one study that proves that? Um, there isn't one? In fact, California, in the month+ after lockdown, wear a mask blah,blah,blah has a 162% INCREASE in cases. Oh wait. That's a BS number anyway. Number of cases/total deaths mean bupkus. Mortality rate and critical cases are the numbers to watch. Unchanged. There was another article yet today, this one in The Lancet that say lockdowns and all of this nanny crap don't do anything. So that 162% is the reason they use to justify making people eat a full meal if they want to drink.

I still think the bar guy in NYC that sells Cuomo Chips with a beer for a buck is the winner LOL.

The bar that has Cuomo chips & salsa was told that dish doesn't qualify as food.  He'll have to add sandwiches. 

28 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

Then go to NY where the governor just said hot wings don't count as food for the purposes of whether a business that serves alcohol can operate.  He stated sandwiches are food.

I NYC a slice of pizza is a "to go eat as you walk" sandwich.  My only visit to NYC was when the World Trade Center was a hole in the ground.  There were two or three times the number of pizzerias than Starbucks.  I noticed that most customers that took out pizza slices folded then in half lengthwise.

11 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

I can remember Missouri "Blue" that was inforced for 137 years. It outlawed selling items deemed non-essential on Sunday.  Alcohol was on the top of the list.  But it also didn't list baby bottles as essential so they too were not available.   I can remember going into the grocery store and seeing shelves covered.  Stores that sold non-food items were not open.  1963 the Missouri Supreme Court struck down the law for being too vague.

Never understood why the LDS Church didn't get that law over turned years ago because it unfairly punished any business that was not open on Saturday.

I just have to wonder how long is it going to take until the people have had a belly full of this type of government, and they finally rise up and vote them out of office? I just have to wonder...what is it going to take? 

For crying in a bucket, the government out there is defining what constitutes lunch, or a meal!!! 

It seems some people seem to thrive on being controlled from cradle to grave, and worse still they want to impose that on everyone else.

Just because my parents are dead, doesn't mean I want any government to take their place. 

What happened to a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people"???  Perhaps that concept died when Lincoln did.

W.K.

On 7/24/2020 at 1:43 PM, Warden Callaway said:

I can remember Missouri "Blue" that was inforced for 137 years. It outlawed selling items deemed non-essential on Sunday.  Alcohol was on the top of the list.  But it also didn't list baby bottles as essential so they too were not available.   I can remember going into the grocery store and seeing shelves covered.  Stores that sold non-food items were not open.  1963 the Missouri Supreme Court struck down the law for being too vague.

It's only over the past 20 years or so that the Blue Laws in MA have dwindled away.  Before the Legislature started tinkering, there were almost no retail sales allowed on Sunday; definitely no alcohol or tobacco; most stores and businesses were closed.  Convenience stores could open, but the booze and tobacco was covered and not available.  Suddenly, someone decided that it was a violation of the separation of church and state to force businesses to close on Sunday (Constitutional scholars, no doubt :blink:).  Now almost everything is open and for sale.  No more day of rest.  I miss it.

LL

On 7/22/2020 at 3:00 PM, Cat Brules said:

I haven’t been following this.  

So, does that mean that all bars will now be shuttered and you aren’t allowed to walk in and order a “drink” (a beer or a glass of whiskey, a mixed drink, a glass of wine, etc)(?) alone, by itself?

Cat Brules

That's exactly what it means, at least here in PA.  Our Blankety-Blank Governor issued an Executive Order that not only bans what is quoted above, but also bans sitting at the bar period.  Our American Legion, VFW and Eagles Club where are live are now all closed.

Archived