SASS Wire Forum

Lets see some dogs

Snip-it_1633651958851.jpg.049c2ca82a8d16d995ac3fe8d4a6b74e.jpg

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2020 at 1:33 PM, Marshal Hangtree said:

I don't have my next dog yet.  We're building our house up in Buzzard Hill that should be done in about 2 months tops.  When we move up there, I plan on adopting a coon hound from Coon Hound Rescue   I'm looking for a bluetick, black and tan, redbone, or walker hound that is too old and too sorry to hunt.  One that just wants to be a pet and a porch dog.  I'd prefer it that he/she never gets the desire to run a deer or tree a coon.  Just relax, eat, and get petted.  Occasionally ride in the truck to town for provisions.

Here is the latest pic of Lucille. We rescued her two weeks ago and she has made a remarkable change. She is totally trusting of me and Dori. She is eating well and getting along great with the other 2 dogs. She has learned her name, as well as "no" and "come on". She'll learn other commands as time allows, I'm sure.

She is THE MOST atypical hound I have ever seen. She has walked right over top of coon prints and deer prints out in the yard with no attention paid whatsoever. She totally ignores the chickens. We have yet to hear her bark or bay, even when a squirrel ran right in front of her and scampered up a hickory tree and barked at her. She never even attempts to get on any of the furniture, and doesn't chew on anything. I always wanted a coonhound that was too old and too sorry to hunt, and we have found the perfect one.

Lucille-2 weeks.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Snoozing and waiting on Pops!

F502C9E6-9E1D-4C2B-9EF5-D46409162BB0.jpeg

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 3