SASS Wire Forum

Lets see some dogs

1293650818_TippyandRed3.jpg.a23e1ead0743485ae682673e7718886b.jpg

The black dog is Tippy. Notice he is wearing a choke chain.

When Daddy would say, "Bring that dog over here", Tippy would reach down and catch one of the rings on his collar with his lower fang and take himself across the room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 9:09 AM, Hendo said:

"I'm Kayda and I approve of this message."

Resized_20170515_191441.thumb.jpg.6b110a063316375d9f1a2076255aae7d.jpg

That's a handsome shepherd.  I had 2 when I was a boy.  When I retire, I may get another.  Right now, our hands are full with one CKCS dog, as my wife and I still work.

• Like 5

I know there is a dog called a Papillon. I've never seen one, but I know they exist.

Papillon is French for butterfly.

That dog's ears look like a butterfly's wings.

Putting two and two together, I took a shot.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I know there is a dog called a Papillon. I've never seen one, but I know they exist.

Papillon is French for butterfly.

That dog's ears look like a butterfly's wings.

Putting two and two together, I took a shot.

They also have to have white, black, and brown hair. If they don’t have all three colors they don’t comply with the breed standards. 

• Like 1

Similar with cocker spaniels. They are not allowed to have any white.

Unless they're spotted. That is called "parti-colored", and is an acceptable color.

Scooter-Large.jpg.a656e2ce1c5f1f8507a8212fab650a80.jpg

But Dummy here has white on her muzzle and on her chest. If she was a cocker spaniel, she would not be an acceptable cocker spaniel.Portrait.thumb.jpg.531bfdbd38b9dc0a4b53027bf3f064e5.jpg

I used to know a woman with a black cocker. He had one white toe. She showed him. But before taking him in to be shown she would color the toe with a magic marker.

Edited by Alpo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

"If it fits in a purse, it's not a dog, it's a hamster."

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I used to know a woman with a black cocker. He had one white toe. She showed him. But before taking him in to be shown she would color the toe with a magic marker.

I was gifted with a Tri Color Smooth Collie as he wasn't show quality.  Two of this defects were the length of his legs and his Merle spots, which could have been touched up. I think he was beautiful and my cats loved him. He was a gentle soul.

Hey! What was that noise..JPG

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

Too long or too short?

Too long. Go figure. Anyway, that is what the breeder said. She had his papa's photo on her desk at work and I thought he was the most beautiful dog I'd ever seen.

When we moved, Hubby wanted a German Shepard. I talked him into Tee. They were about the same size

His Sire (papa in people lingo) was best in breed at Westminster. The following photo is papa.

LBJ.jpg

• Like 4

I dated a lady that had a Papillon. It really liked me and would get excited when I rode up on my Harley. Once it got loose from her condo and she couldn't find it. I came over on the Harley and started riding around the neighborhood. Within 10 - 15 minutes, the dog heard the bike and came running to me! I picked her up and, with some difficulty, was able to get her home, a couple of blocks away.:D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Alpo said:

1293650818_TippyandRed3.jpg.a23e1ead0743485ae682673e7718886b.jpg

The black dog is Tippy. Notice he is wearing a choke chain.

When Daddy would say, "Bring that dog over here", Tippy would reach down and catch one of the rings on his collar with his lower fang and take himself across the room.

Was he tippy because his tips were white?  I had a basenji that my granny called tippy because of that.  We went with Q-tip though because of his habit of crawling up to your head and licking your ears.  That was one hard headed dog.  He would try to train me by pooping in the house if I did something he didn't like. 

I'll post a pic of him when I get home.  Till then, here's our vicious lab.  You only get to see these teeth when she's trying to sleep, or you walk up the driveway.  My theory is that she keeps them so nice because she doesn't actually chew her food.  She just inhales it. 

IMG_20140608_101148_956.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Was he tippy because his tips were white

You can't see it in that picture, but the tip of his tail was white.

The spotted dog is Red. Every other spotted dog in the neighborhood was named Snoopy. My dog was Red Baron.

Tippy was two, maybe three years old in that pic. Red was about 10 weeks. Tippy was explaining to him who was the alpha male.

Tippy and Red 5.jpg

Tippy and Red 1.jpg

• Like 5