SASS Wire Forum

Lets see some dogs

Sam, my 125 pound Great Pyrenees, using a small dog as dental floss.

Sam.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

He's actually our neighbors but he hangs with us for the "treats."  Sweet as he can be but has a rep as quite the hunter.   I think he's about 5.

• Like 3

My retired duck & phesant hunting partner.

Barb wire, concertina, shale slides, sheet ice, porcupines, Russian olive thickets, hidden hornet nests, hidden rabbit holes, cliffs, rattle snakes, and lightly wounded aggressive birds could not stop this dog when he was "employed".

In his dotage, on pee break, he trips on a small branch while sniffing for tree squirrels in his own back yard, and blows out his cruciate ligament.  :(:blink:

20180613_150214.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

1 minute ago, Palouse said:

My retired duck & phesant hunting partner.

Barb wire, concertina, shale slides, sheet ice, porcupines, Russian olive thickets, hidden hornet nests, hidden rabbit holes, cliffs, rattle snakes, and lightly wounded aggressive birds could not stop this dog when he was "employed".

In his dotage, on pee break, he trips on a small branch while sniffing for tree squirrels in his own back yard, and blows out his cruciate ligament.  :(:blink:

20180613_150214.jpg

THAT TURNS OUT TO BE A COMMON INJURY FOR DOGS. i HAVE FRIEND HER CHOW TORE ONE LAST YEAR OTHER THIS YEAR

• Sad 1

1225141335a.thumb.jpg.7d654b7cfda7e357744de49bd15a8c49.jpg

Edited by Arizona Gunfighter
Buster, our 11 year old Dorkie.
  • Like 8

And here is Tex, 2 y/o and 125 lbs. of muscle. He is laying on a window bench seat, with his head propped on the table. He watches every bite I take. His favorite snacks are jerky, squirrels, and cats.

106003114_10157699395462106_5588243343746002601_o.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

My Border Terrier, Wrigs.  

IMG_2268.jpg

IMG_1889.JPG

IMG_1888.JPG

• Like 6

Haven't had a dog since kids left the house. We travel a lot and I don't care to travel with pets. Living out in the sticks, we have several outdoor cats for rodent control. 

I do have a great dog that my daughter and SIL have. Best dog I have ever dealt with including ones that I owned.

This is Gus, an Australian Shepherd, and is the smartest, most loyal, loving, gentle with my grandkids and protecting critter I've ever seen. He has an extremely intimidating bark and set of teeth that I wouldn't want chomping on me. Really, he is the biggest baby around and I'm a sucker for a good scratch when he puts his head on my lap and stares at me with those big browns. My grandson is 4 and his little sister is 2. It's amazing the abuse he puts up with from those two.

IMG_20200720_161305129.jpg

IMG_20200619_142120565.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

This is Harley, our first Dalmatian as a pup. 

Smartest, most loyal dog I EVER knew!  Schoolmarm said he knew over 120 words. He even recognized the spellings of several words and phrases!  He'd knock your beer over so's he could drink it, drink wine from a glass, loved coffee, (especially with Bailey's in it)  and had to have his own cup of ice cream every time we went out for it!!

He was trained in home protection and he took it almost too seriously!!  He was Schoolmarm's dog and never let ANYONE forget it!!!

Best of all, he had attitude!!

He lived almost fifteen years and stole our hearts for many more!!  He'd developed congestive heart failure and we knew his time was short.  On the night he passed, he had steak, (rare, his favorite) a trip to the ice cream store, and drank Schoolmarm's coffee, (WITH BAILEY'S) when she set it down on the night stand to go and run her bath!!  He went out with the same attitude  that he always showed!!

IMG_2568.JPG

• Like 9

On 7/23/2020 at 12:57 AM, Whiskey Hicks said:

Murphy

7B46F77D-C416-406D-971E-76B036532DCA.jpeg

6B098629-4D5D-4050-A0B5-9268B59B812F.jpeg

97137984-3601-43AC-8C7D-E0F154763626.jpeg

As a boy, I had 2 german shepherds.  Loved them.

• Like 5