SASS Wire Forum

Updated Glossary of Sweeps Suggestions Please

The Outlaw Travis James

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

My Musketeer sweep: five targets. First five on either end target then sweep from the other end. All for One, One for All.

Phantom

Thanks I will add it to the list.  

3 hours ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

I can't say who came up with it.  The first time I encountered it was at Comin' At 'Cha a couple of years ago.

Maybe it should be written this way: (left...left...left,right,left)

Thanks.  I will see what we can do with it to maintain the Militaristic feel of the sweep while sticking to the format in the glossary.  It shouldn't be too difficult.  

Also the Rattler John sweep.

5 targets

Double tap one end, then two sweeps on the middle three targets starting on the end you double tapped. Finish with a double tap on the "other" end.

ie: 1,1,2,3,4,2,3,4,5,5 or 5,5,4,3,2,4,3,2,1,1

It's fun!

Phantom

6 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Also the Rattler John sweep.

5 targets

Double tap one end, then two sweeps on the middle three targets starting on the end you double tapped. Finish with a double tap on the "other" end.

ie: 1,1,2,3,4,2,3,4,5,5 or 5,5,4,3,2,4,3,2,1,1

It's fun!

Phantom

I have that one under the Rattler Sweep and Rattler John Sweep.

I have a variation on Phantoms Musketeer Sweep. 

A 20 round sweep - utilizing pistols AND rifle. 

Done on 5 targets (I usually wrote it as a down range stage with rifle and pistols using the same targets).   

And if possible; targets 1 and 4 should be different size (larger) (or at minimum - differently colored) than targets 2,3,5.

(1) (4) all.

T1-1x

T4-4x

T1-1, T2-1x, T3-1x, T4-1x, T5-1x

And then.

All (4) (1)

T1-1x, T2-1x, T3-1x, T4-1x, T5-1x

T4-4x

T1-1x

It shoots much easier than it reads.

4 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Done on 5 targets (I usually wrote it as a down range stage with rifle and pistols using the same targets).   

And if possible; targets 1 and 4 should be different size (larger) (or at minimum - differently colored) than targets 2,3,5.

(1) (4) all.

T1-1x

T4-4x

And then.

All (4) (1)

T4-1x

T1-1x

I sure hope so!!! :D

3 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

(1) (4) all.

T1-1x

T4-4x

And then.

All (4) (1)

T4-4x

T1-1x

I do not have this variation either.  We shoot one down here with an 8 target 2 gun sweep similar to yours.  1 4 ALL then ALL 4 1 with the 1 & 4 also being a different size or shape.  It is a fun sweep to shoot.  

The Glossary is comin' along nicely.  I am still aways from it being completed.  I have received a lot of great submissions.  If you have anything you want to contribute please comment here, send me a message, or an email TheOutlawTravisJames AT gmail DOT com Thanks to everyone who has already helped out.

Please don't comment about me putting my email on the wire, I know the "dangers".  Thanks for your concern.  

OK, I am nearing the end of the collection phase of this project.  I have already received a huge amount of submissions for this.   If you have anything you would like added to this Glossary, please let me know.  Starting positions, common stage instructions, sweeps, etc.  Respond here, send me a private message, sne dme an email, or a Facebook message.  This is shaping up to be a great resource for stage writers!

Archived