SASS Wire Forum

Back door gun control?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-banks-financial-institutions-severing-ties-gun-industry

It's non-stop, the left and gun control. I try to avoid buying anything related to guns and ammo with credit cards or electronic transfers (PayPal). 

RRR

My last 3 gun purchases have been cash.

I don't buy guns or ammunition!!  Never have!  Never will!!!  :rolleyes:

Where I buy, cash always gets a lower price for the buyer.

That said, I think this effects business loans more than individual purchasers.

I'm happy to rack up more frequent flier miles for buying online with a card, buying stuff the card companies virtue signal against. If they cancel my card, I don't care. Credit cards are a scam and trouble anyway. :D

I haven't had any issues buying guns, ammo or any related stuff with any of my cards. I do like to deal in cash when I know ahead of time what I am buying. I do not use PayPal for anything any more.

Since we have a bunch of Communists in government we will have to weed them out somehow. Most are unelected bureaucrats.

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I don't buy guns or ammunition!!  Never have!  Never will!!!  :rolleyes:

Mine were all stolen during the boating accident.  Wait . . . .maybe it was the house fire.  Or the hurricane.  I can't remember.

51 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Mine were all stolen during the boating accident.  Wait . . . .maybe it was the house fire.  Or the hurricane.  I can't remember.

Here in Canada, many of us sold our guns to Mike, from Canmore.

I bought a gun last month on my Discover card. No problems.

The news article is mostly about applying pressure on businesses, but included in the article was a brief reference showing Democratic legislation can also be very subtle for other goals such as requiring "banks and credit card companies to automatically provide transaction data to federal authorities".   Can gun purchase records be compiled outside of ATF? 

RRR

This has been going on since before Operation Choke Point was exposed during the Obama administration. That was their baby, along with Operation Fast and Furious. Both were borderline illegal and entirely supported by the anti-gun administration and the  likes of Bloomberg and Soros!

Bloomberg and his minions continue to pressure lending and other financial institutions to make it hard on ANYTHING gun or Second Amendment related.

I am of the opinion that any such institution that denies or restricts loans on this basis should be prosecuted for violating the fair lending laws and sued civilly as well!!

We need to make it financially disadvantageous for them to operate in such a manner!!!

Archived