SASS Wire Forum

Mask required at local

Ringer

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lunger Dan said:

No..I will still go though...the government says I have "medical leave".   I do not wear them to stores or anywhere else. Our governor is an idiot.
Enough is enough, you're not even allowed to comment on news articles anymore on yahoo...I won't pay to be stifled at a SASS shoot. 
Seems like alot of folks are just rolling over.

What are you going to do when your leader declares it illegal to dress cowboy because it may offend?

Its amazing, and expected , when reading the comments in comparison to the area the commentor lives in.

So on one hand you're saying you can do something because your government says you can (ref: Medical Leave), and on the other hand you're accuse others of "rolling over" to the government.

How do you decide which government directive is good and which one isn't?

Your last comment is extraordinarily political and decisive if I'm reading you right. Just to be clear, are you saying that there is a correlation between one's position on mask wearing and where that person lives?

Phantom

3 hours ago, Lunger Dan said:

No..I will still go though...the government says I have "medical leave

Just so I understand completely, if a club has a mandatory mask shoot you will show up and expect to participate?

5 hours ago, Lunger Dan said:

No..I will still go though...the government says I have "medical leave".   I do not wear them to stores or anywhere else. Our governor is an idiot.
Enough is enough, you're not even allowed to comment on news articles anymore on yahoo...I won't pay to be stifled at a SASS shoot. 
Seems like alot of folks are just rolling over.

What are you going to do when your leader declares it illegal to dress cowboy because it may offend?

Its amazing, and expected , when reading the comments in comparison to the area the commentor lives in.

I think you may be conflating two different issues here.

With respect to a government directive that I believe conflicts with my constitutional rights, I'm going to ignore it. I don't care at all whether the governor, mayor, president wants me to wear a mask. If they were to command it, I would ignore that command other than when it suited me, though I would also be prepared to pay a price for doing that.

OTH, if a cowboy match said they wanted all participants to wear masks I would either not go, or honor the requirement, but I wouldn't go and then ignore the directive.  That's because I have a lot more respect for my pards than I do for politicians.

4 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

Just so I understand completely, if a club has a mandatory mask shoot you will show up and expect to participate?

I would assume, the ONLY reason a club would succumb to the idiotic mandatory mask, would be because of government directive. All the directives have medical clause. I fit in that clause. I go to Costco, the grocery store, the gun store, sportsmans wearhouse, etc...no one says a word-except at costco...when they mention a mask I just say "medical" and they say no more . They are directed by management not to-in order to avoid suit. (My wife works there-so, not hearsay) At least in NC-the "governors directive" is , legally, tenuous at best, since he did not go the correct route.
If, a club was liberal enough to have an idiotic mandatory mask rule without a government directive..then I am either living in the wrong state or visiting the wrong state.
So, the hypothetical-would you shoot at a match that required a mask, question..the answer is "yes, I would, without a mask" because I am exempt legally. I cannot fathom the hypothetical of a club being so far left that they would do it voluntarily without mandate.....thats not a club I would have ever been to in the first place.

6 minutes ago, Lunger Dan said:

I would assume, the ONLY reason a club would succumb to the idiotic mandatory mask, would be because of government directive. All the directives have medical clause. I fit in that clause. I go to Costco, the grocery store, the gun store, sportsmans wearhouse, etc...no one says a word-except at costco...when they mention a mask I just say "medical" and they say no more . They are directed by management not to-in order to avoid suit. (My wife works there-so, not hearsay) At least in NC-the "governors directive" is , legally, tenuous at best, since he did not go the correct route.
If, a club was liberal enough to have an idiotic mandatory mask rule without a government directive..then I am either living in the wrong state or visiting the wrong state.
So, the hypothetical-would you shoot at a match that required a mask, question..the answer is "yes, I would, without a mask" because I am exempt legally. I cannot fathom the hypothetical of a club being so far left that they would do it voluntarily without mandate.....thats not a club I would have ever been to in the first place.

So you equate mask wearers with liberal?

Interesting.

6 minutes ago, Lunger Dan said:

This is- beyond a doubt- the dumbest, most insulting post that I've seen on the SASS Website during this entire Covid period of time.

You've managed to insult any person who wears a protective mask (be it for any reason), the clubs that follows safety guidelines, a person that lives in any state that follows safety guidelines and anyone who doesn't see it the way you see it is a left wing, liberal idiot. 

All I can say is that I really don't have anything against your horse, if you're smart enough to read between the lines. I am damn glad that I don't shoot with you.

Both my wife and I are high risk.  The odds are very high that if one of us gets sick so will the other and neither of us will survive.

I love shooting CAS but I am not willing to die for it.

I really don't enjoy matches during the summer heat and humidity anyway.  I love shooting, and hanging out with the pards, but being miserable when I'm supposed to be having fun is not in the cards for me.  I won't go back to a match until probably October, so the mask won't be an issue then.

30 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

This is- beyond a doubt- the dumbest, most insulting post that I've seen on the SASS Website during this entire Covid period of time.

You've managed to insult any person who wears a protective mask (be it for any reason), the clubs that follows safety guidelines, a person that lives in any state that follows safety guidelines and anyone who doesn't see it the way you see it is a left wing, liberal idiot. 

All I can say is that I really don't have anything against your horse, if you're smart enough to read between the lines. I am damn glad that I don't shoot with you.

Well thank you for your opinion, may you live forever.

50 minutes ago, Lunger Dan said:

Let me get this straight.  You're at a match where some of our older, less healthy pards are shooting.  Some have diabetes, some have asthma, some are practically a million years old.  They have legitimate reasons to fear Covid.  You're going to ignore a rule designed to either protect them, or at the least put their minds at ease, and the reason you'll cite is YOUR medical situation.

Holy sh**!

4 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Let me get this straight.  You're at a match where some of our older, less healthy pards are shooting.  Some have diabetes, some have asthma, some are practically a million years old.  They have legitimate reasons to fear Covid.  You're going to ignore a rule designed to either protect them, or at the least put their minds at ease, and the reason you'll cite is YOUR medical situation.

Holy sh**!

Thanks for the assumption of my medical situation...and if someone lives in that much fear-stay home. 
I have stage 4 copd, cant get much more "classed" than that for china virus victemhood , gone to work everyday in a neurologists office drug testing addicts,(dr thinks the whole mask scare is ridiculous-we dont wear masks) go out everyday-take my kid to freerange daycamp and have yet to put on a mask.
The OP asked a question-I answered it-don't like it? Go live your life the way you see fit-I'll live mine
Let you get it straight? Go ahead and use whatever geometry you want.

1 minute ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I predict you would break the 170 on your first stage and I would tell you to pack it up.

Well, that accounts for your honor system now, dont it?

1 minute ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

In this context if you’re not family or a Cowboy I don’t care about your opinion. You’re neither.

Funny, you sure have a lot to say about it when you dont care about it......seems there is a couple keyboard ambushers in here to jump on anyone who doesnt answer the OPs question "right"

yes,,, small price for getting to shoot and get out of the house to visit with friends

some construction jobs we wore a mask all day !  we had 8 guys power sanding cherry wood , we could not see the wall 20 ft away. Yes they are a pain in the azz 

at my club in the SF bay area of CA we wear masks in the club house and while waiting to shoot if we cant space out  TO and shooter dont have to wear a mask while shooten

After 3 month of the range being CLOSED  we deal with it .

21 minutes ago, Lunger Dan said:

The OP asked a question-I answered it-don't like it? Go live your life the way you see fit-I'll live mine

Well here's the problem, you didn't just answer the question. If you did just that we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You attacked others that don't see things the way you do. So stop playing the innocence victim.

Phantom

If I wanted to attend the match and masks were required - I would wear a mask.

If I was marginal about going to the match - a requirement for a mask might keep me home.

But regardless - either I attend under the conditions, requirements and directives of the match or I dont attend.

Just like I wouldnt show up at Cowboy with 1911 and AR and expect the club to bend to my will - I will not attend a match and attempt to change their directives.

The requiring of wearing a mask is the clubs call (unless a range, or local/ state requirement) and I am not going to question or debate the right of a club to run their match as they see fit.  

Your opinion is not meaningless or without value AND you have every right to express your opinion to the club leaders respectfully.

But at the end of the day if you don't like how a club runs their matches; be it stage writing, target placement, range rules or ANY required safety equipment - then start your own club or stay home. 

A few years ago, a shooter I had known for years, came up to me and extended his hand. Of course I shook his hand. I asked how are you doing? To my dismay his answer was, I have a case of flu but I’m not feeling bad today :blink:

Some people 

We have shot matches this summer at some clubs where the timer operator is the only one required to wear mask.  That has worked out well.  I would not shoot wearing a mask , it steams up your glasses.

20 minutes ago, Yankee, SASS #266 said:

We have shot matches this summer at some clubs where the timer operator is the only one required to wear mask.  That has worked out well.  I would not shoot wearing a mask , it steams up your glasses.

Then don’t wear your glasses  :lol:

Odds are you’ll be fine.

Yes as long as I don't have to wear it while shooting(foggy glasses).  If it makes pards that are high risk feel better and allows them to get out and shoot I'm ok with it.  If I get hot or start to feel uncomfortable I can always move away from folks and take it off for a while.

Not no way, not no how..........

Pick your battles, Men.

Wearing a mask does NOT equal "compliance".

No more than not wearing a mask shows how Freedom Loving you are.

I believe there will be battles ahead where you will be able to choose either of the above.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

24 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Pick your battles, Men.

Wearing a mask does NOT equal "compliance".

No more than not wearing a mask shows how Freedom Loving you are.

I believe there will be battles ahead where you will be able to choose either of the above.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

I agree. Come November it’s going to get ugly no matter who wins.

Different kinds of ugly, but I don’t see either side getting reconciled with what the other has in mind.

Rioting and mayhem, or the erosion of civil rights and whatever follows that. Pretty much a guarantee we get one or the other.

The clubs I shoot with have set it up so we are outside and can distance the necessary 6 feet.  Loading tables are set up so there is no more than two people on the table.  I like that on the loading table and will encourage that it will continue after we are through all this.  I don't like to be crowded.  Because of being outside and easily maintained 6 foot separation, masks are not necessary.  If you want to wear one, you may.  

My club? Yes, I will. Others? Just how bad do I wanna shoot?

And if it's because I'm protecting or making my 80 something pard feel better about being there... DAMN right I will! He's my pard.

Ya always have the right to stay home; rather than be a thorn... why don't ya?

If it is a club/shoot I want to go to and they require masks then yes! If the encourage them I probably won't wear one but I will forego my usual hug and try to maintain some social distance. If I don't feel well I'm staying home. As should anyone who doesn't feel well or safe should! 

Rafe

Archived