SASS Wire Forum

Sooo, What Is Priviledge?

Cat Brules

Privilege. ( one view )

image.thumb.jpeg.fa0babd05d62ff514987328f2a0bef05.jpeg

I think I love her...:wub:

I was told that I was “showing my privilege” the other day by a white punk that works in the same building. I said “Let me show you another privilege. Actually it’s my right. It’s me expressing myself.” I flipped him the bird. 
He walked away dejected. Poor little millennial idiot...

BINGO!

It was my privilege to work my tail off for over forty-five years, paying taxes, raising a child, coaching basketball and baseball for children whose parents often didn't take the time to raise or educate them at no cost to them and for no added income!!

It was my privilege to watch while others with less education, fewer qualifications, little or no actual job experience, and far less seniority were promoted over me because of the color of their skin or their ethnic background and have quotas and "affirmative action" thrown in my face as the reasons!!

It was my privilege to then train these "underprivileged" co-workers in how to do the job and even how to be my supervisor!!!

It was my privilege to go and service or repair utilities and fixtures in "subsidized housing" that MY taxes paid for, at reduced rates because the government wouldn't pay the going rate and then have to occupants bitch and scream at me because I didn't get there quick enough or didn't finish the job soon enough to suit them!!

I'm thinking of having T shirts printed that say "I'M HERE FOR THAT PRIVILEGE I WAS S'POSED TO HAVE!!!"

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

at reduced rates because the government wouldn't pay the going rate

Over the course of my career I did a lot of work for the military. Turned in the invoice, and the eagle pooped a check.

Always what we invoiced.

And I can guarantee you that if we got a call to come do something, and we told whoever we was talking to, "Not a problem. $37.50 an hour, 4 hour minimum" (which was our rate for a call out in 1989), and whoever it was we were talking to said, "No we're only going to pay $20, and if it only takes you a half hour to do it it's ten bucks", my boss would tell him to call someone else, and hang the phone up.

18 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Over the course of my career I did a lot of work for the military. Turned in the invoice, and the eagle pooped a check.

Always what we invoiced.

And I can guarantee you that if we got a call to come do something, and we told whoever we was talking to, "Not a problem. $37.50 an hour, 4 hour minimum" (which was our rate for a call out in 1989), and whoever it was we were talking to said, "No we're only going to pay $20, and if it only takes you a half hour to do it it's ten bucks", my boss would tell him to call someone else, and hang the phone up.

Some companies work under contract to the govt.  When performing operations under those contracts, especially in the subsidized housing, the negotiated fees under contract are less than those charged to and paid by other companies and individuals, particularly when city and county government is involved.

Privilege is keeping all of your government emails on an unsecured server located in your personal residence so you can avoid disclosure, committing multiple federal felonies, lying to congress, and never even having your case submitted to a grand jury.  Until that wench is prosecuted, don't talk to me about my "privilege."

I actually do feel privileged in my life, and am very grateful for it. A happy upbringing, good public schooling, a long marriage with many children and grandchildren, and a good career. Still mostly healthy, to boot-- knock wood!

One good side benefit, so to speak, is that I don't carry any grievances or resentments, and very seldom am angry.

Archived