SASS Wire Forum

Beautiful Line!

Subdeacon Joe

"Some Chiefing might be in order," he suggested.

At the onset of the roughly one-minute video, the sailor — identified by officials as Aviation Boatswain’s Mate (Launch/Recovery) 2nd Class Sarah J. Dudrey — gets out of a vehicle surrounded by a group of shouting, flag-waving individuals. The confrontation took place at the Ventura County Government Center, but it is unclear what sparked it.

Roughly seven seconds in, wearing her woodland cammies and a face mask pulled down around her chin, Dudrey yells and gets in the face of one protester while several others mill about.

“F*** Trump!” she yells at the throng. “F** you!”

Dudrey, 24, deploys double middle fingers to the incensed crowd — which appears to number roughly a dozen people — several times throughout the encounter, which Navy officials said happened on Sunday.

She should have taken her uniform off before yelling at the crowd.

What she needs is to be treated like a man...and busted right in the mouth. Equal rights, baby. I hope her command puts her through hell before they BCD her arse out. 

10 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

If that one had taken off her uniform before yelling at that crowd... they prolly woulda run like hell~!!  :blink:

Aside from those not being woodland camos, I'm confused.

She apparently is getting into it with the protesters. She does not agree with the protesters.

But if she is anti Trump, and anti protester, then the protesters were pro Trump? :huh:

We don’t know the full circumstances here.  She’s been in the Navy for a while a while.

I do not believe she should have been given a summary court-martial.  We have no idea what provoked the incident and her political views are her own. .

This looks to me to be, at the most, a possible minor misconduct issue.  She was surrounded by a group of people and I wonder if they started the argument or row, because she was in uniform.  

It’s possible her vehicle was blocked, and she felt threatened and was afraid, and became intentionally, aggressively-belligerent, without becoming physical....as a good, valid self-defense tactic.  

I think the incident should have been handled by her commander as a minor disciplinary action, a simple warning, or even a counciling.  Her commander can easily determine the facts.  I say, give her the benefit of any doubt, give her a verbal warning (if warranted) and at the most, if it turned out fair to do so, confine her to base or ship for 2 weeks.  Keep it out of her service record.  I wouldn’t reduce her rank, either.  By the way, maybe she IS a Trump supporter, and used foul anti-Trump language to intimidate the gang surrounding her.

i have not researched this incident, and I don’t want to.  Her commander should back her up unless there is a very, very good reason not to......iF her commander has the toughness, integrity, and courage to stand up and do so.

Once again, we do not have enough information regarding this incident.  All I can see is that the woman, likely on duty, was boxed in and seemed to be defending herself by being verbally aggressive toward a possibly-threatening bunch of bullies.  I don’t think this incident, directly, had anything to do with politics.

That is my gut-take on it.  But, I don’t have the information to know for sure, and I’m not going looking for it, either........

Cat Brules

2 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Once again, we do not have enough information regarding this incident.  

What Cat said. Not enough info in this clip to draw any conclusions. 

I’ll give her benefit of the doubt until a full investigation is completed. 

22 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The point is how she expressed herself in uniform.

Ehhh, I don’t know about that, SDJ.

Being in uniform may or may not be the real point; and that’s really the point of my too-long reply, above..

Uniform or not, the responsibility for the incident may not be on her, and her aggressive behavior may have been a defensive response by a warrior, if you will.  She’s not a Sunday School teacher.  

My reply postulated a possible scenario to explain the behavior of a ship-based E-5(?) confronted by group of people who she felt may have been a threat.  As I said earlier, we do not know.all the details of the incident.

Cat Brules

Is the problem more that she was aggressive towards civilians while in uniform (which seems to be what Cat thinks)?

Or that she was cussing the Commander in Chief of the military, while in uniform? I understand the military takes a dim view of cussing out superior officers. Cannot get much more superior than POTUS.

13 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Oh noooo please! :blink:

Hopefully this will end her career and she’ll be a civilian soon. Then she can move to Portland. Moron.

1 hour ago, Cat Brules said:

Ehhh, I don’t know about that, SDJ.

Being in uniform may or may not be the real point; and that’s really the point of my too-long reply, above..

Uniform or not, the responsibility for the incident may not be on her, and her aggressive behavior may have been a defensive response by a warrior, if you will.  She’s not a Sunday School teacher.  

My reply postulated a possible scenario to explain the behavior of a ship-based E-5(?) confronted by group of people who she felt may have been a threat.  As I said earlier, we do not know.all the details of the incident.

Cat Brules

Article 116 C.(2) of the UCMJ would apply. Breach of the Peace 

Also possibly Article 134 Disloyal Statements
There are also prohibitions against indecent language but I doubt anyone has ever been charged with that...especially in the Navy.

“ Article 116 C.(2) of the UCMJ would apply. Breach of the Peace 

Also possibly Article 134 Disloyal Statements
There are also prohibitions against indecent language but I doubt anyone has ever been charged with that...especially in the Navy. “

——

That can be taken or left......

As I said above....... “iF her commander has the toughness, integrity, and courage to stand up and do so.“ ?   I also said that I do not believe she should face a summary court-martial....that it should be handled by her commander.  The Navy will do what he wants to do. It seems to me that the loyalty issue is virtually meaningless, regardless of what military regs are. It’s been broken so many times that it is virtually meaningless.

Once again, however, I don’t believe we know 1/4 of what this incident is about.  The good commander mixes good judgment along with regulations.   Not our call, and I guess it’s out of her commander’s hands at this point.  But, being too quick to wield the sword is a mark of a mediocre IQ, a lack of common sense, compassion, and (again) good judgment.  My view, anyway.  Besides her service record may make her a candidate for dismissal.  We don’t know.

Cat Brules

CB

Archived