SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship, The Regulator's Reckoning

Chickamauga Slim

3 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

Thanks Widder. That 97 works real well. 

I know your teacher..... he works for free.  :lol:

I just hope your Marlin is running good..... ;)

..........Widder

I just got off of the phone with Papa Dave who offered me the opportunity to teach another ROI course at the Tennessee State shoot this year. I will hold the class on Thursday the 8th starting at 9:00 in the school house.

$25 for first time

$10 for refresher course

Chime in if you are interested in taking the class so I can make sure I have enough material.

Guess I had better get registered.

Tn Tombstone , thats great just dont teach anymore folks how to beat us without aiming

Imis  ( I think fiber optics and miniature screens are in use)

So wish I could make it to this shoot...

I was promised Dairy Queen if I showed up. :D

But the logistics/ costs of air travel and gun transport for three shooters just aint cutting it this year.

Maybe when the world returns to normal.

23 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

So wish I could make it to this shoot...

I was promised Dairy Queen if I showed up. :D

But the logistics/ costs of air travel and gun transport for three shooters just aint cutting it this year.

Maybe when the world returns to normal.

Wish you could make it as well, several Dairy Queens around here and guaranteed to get some JD after the Friday night dinner!

Randy 

• 3 weeks later...

Got my conformation from Papa Dave, Booked and paid for camping for 5 of us. Looks like the campground is the place the be again. I think Ray has about 40 camping sites, full hook-up. He did say he had taken down the barn where the tents set up but the bathroom and showers are still there.

If you want to camp with us get hold of Ray and let him know, even better send him a check so he does not have to try to collect while we are running amuck.

$40 per night, Phone 931-580-3831 Address is:

Sell of Champions

790 Whitthorne  Street

Shelbyville TN  37162

Ray will give you his address to pay in advance when you make your reservation.

love that paint scheme, Randy.    A colorful border on the rifle and pistol targets sure help to keep those sights where they need to be

and ensure more hits, faster.     Ya done good.

The Henry .22 'Silver Boy Eagle' is finished and ready for somebody to take home.

Who knows, maybe Sedalia Dave may be taking it back to Texas or Capt Bill Burt carry it back home.

All I know is that its a beauty...... to beautiful for TN Williams.  :lol:

..........Widder

20 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I got to the range today and started painting the targets, finished one stage just to see how it would look.

Randy

Thems is too purty ta shoot. At least that will be my excuse if I miss.:P

1 hour ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Thems is too purty ta shoot. At least that will be my excuse if I miss.:P

Sounds like a good excuse for Friday, pictured below is a good excuse for Saturday!

Randy

IMG_2392.thumb.JPG.f94a2e1467edf99996894e6d8b3b3305.JPG

There is still time to get signed up for this. We honor every category on the application even if there is only one in the category. 

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.aspx

Randy

There will be an ROI class on Thursday morning if anyone is interested. Lots of shooting, large campground. What more could you ask for except for perfect weather which I understand the request has been put in for.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:11 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I got to the range today and started painting the targets, finished one stage just to see how it would look.

Randy

Nice! Looks great, Randy! You guys sure do know how to put on a match! Love the target color for acquisition, great scenarios, great target distant, great banquet, great people, and I could go on an on

On 8/26/2020 at 7:10 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

love that paint scheme, Randy.    A colorful border on the rifle and pistol targets sure help to keep those sights where they need to be

and ensure more hits, faster.     Ya done good.

The Henry .22 'Silver Boy Eagle' is finished and ready for somebody to take home.

Who knows, maybe Sedalia Dave may be taking it back to Texas or Capt Bill Burt carry it back home.

All I know is that its a beauty...... to beautiful for TN Williams.  :lol:

..........Widder

Hey now! That rifle would fit nicely in my collection of soft stroke 22s. Problem is, I'll have to fend off all those Widdermaniacs to get it.

5 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Hey now! That rifle would fit nicely in my collection of soft stroke 22s. Problem is, I'll have to fend off all those Widdermaniacs to get it.

Ole TW’s 22 collection is pretty safe, ain’t nobody gonna pilfer long guns dripping nanner split juice! :D

Kajun

You got to be carefull talking to that Widder feller. We got to jawing last year and the next thing I know I was bringing three of those pretty Henry 22s home with me. And NO alcohol or nanner splits were involved either!

On 8/30/2020 at 6:07 PM, Palmetto Traveler said:

You got to be carefull talking to that Widder feller. We got to jawing last year and the next thing I know I was bringing three of those pretty Henry 22s home with me. And NO alcohol or nanner splits were involved either!

That's the way he is. He gave me a good deal on a weather rock for 100bucks. I was able to get in on them before he goes commercial. You set this special rock on your windowsill outside. If its wet, its raining. If it has snow on it, its snowing. If its gone, its windy.

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

That's the way he is. He gave me a good deal on a weather rock for 100bucks. I was able to get in on them before he goes commercial. You set this special rock on your windowsill outside. If its wet, its raining. If it has snow on it, its snowing. If its gone, its windy.

;)

I also have them in various sizes and colors, if you want to get one for a good friend.

..........Widder

I didn’t buy a weather rock even though it’s a fantastic piece of technology.  I’m outside so much my head is my rock.  I will say Widder has taught Slater very well.  I left last year with 3 guns, no money and a lot of explaining to do when I got home.

I was lucky. Kitty was standing beside me while I was yacking with Widder and we both distinctly heard her say to buy the consecutive serial number pair of youth models. We weren't real sure if she gave her blessing on the third one but since we weren't sure I went ahead and got one for myself too. Widder and I both  had to do a double take when she gave the go ahead but who am I to question my wife telling me to buy shiny objects.

19 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

;)

I also have them in various sizes and colors, if you want to get one for a good friend.

..........Widder

Widder, I just received an emergency phone call from ole TW and he asked a good question, do you offer them with voodoo dolls or chicken's feet painted on them? ;)

Kajun

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Widder, I just received an emergency phone call from ole TW and he asked a good question, do you offer them with voodoo dolls or chicken's feet painted on them? ;)

Kajun

Neither.

The 'Widder Weather Rock' stands on its own as a singular entity.   Its function is to give accurate and factual data concerning 

outdoor weather conditions.

its redeeming quality is its pride of ownership.

P.s. - I think there will be one at the TN State to help raise a few extra $$$ for the cancer fund raiser.

..........Widder

23 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

If it crashes through the window Ernest T. Bass is around somewhere...

Hey, he's just trying to alert you to some nearby danger.

I myself am particularly fond of the little orange feet on the SG targets. They may have been borrowed from some voodoo dolls, with disastrous results.

Imis    (Battling the rain gods for control of the driveway surface)

Archived