SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship, The Regulator's Reckoning

Chickamauga Slim

October ain't that far away folks! Better gas up the trucks & load up the guns, we're shootin' 12 of the best stages that Whiskey Hayes & crew could dream up. If you ain't sent your application to Papa Dave, what are you waiting on? Here is the application: 

application (1).pdf

Now, who's comin'?

Good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise(too high) we'll be there(although Mustang may need to shoot through 5 stages or with the workers the weekend prior).

Yeeha!

Wish I could go this year :(.  But I'm going to go to the SW Regionals (always wanted to go the Cowboy Hall of Fame).  I'll be thinking of all the good pards up there, even you @Tennessee williams.  Have a 'nanner split for me!

7 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Wish I could go this year :(.  But I'm going to go to the SW Regionals (always wanted to go the Cowboy Hall of Fame).  I'll be thinking of all the good pards up there, even you @Tennessee williams.  Have a 'nanner split for me!

We'll miss you. I had 2 nanner splits for you today.

1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise(too high) we'll be there(although Mustang may need to shoot through 5 stages or with the workers the weekend prior).

Yeeha!

That is not a problem!

Randy

Just now, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

That is not a problem!

Randy

Thanks, he's done that before. I'll know more at the end of September and call one of y'all to make a plan. Right now our schools are not having a fall break like usual(but I think enough people will complain and we'll get one).

Well Pilgrims, I plan to be there.

TEQUILA:  I've been to the SW Regional.  Its a fantastic match.   And, the Cowboy Hall of Fame is well worth the trip.

Be sure to look up 'Red Knee'.   Tell him Ole Widder says 'HI'.    He's one of the best 97 shooters in the world

and if you get a chance to watch him, don't blink..... ;)

..........Widder

9 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

TEQUILA:  I've been to the SW Regional.  Its a fantastic match.   And, the Cowboy Hall of Fame is well worth the trip.

Be sure to look up 'Red Knee'.   Tell him Ole Widder says 'HI'.    He's one of the best 97 shooters in the world

..........Widder

Hey Widderborg,

When you sign up to a match in Tennessee, do you have to put down what clan you're part of so that you don't get possed with a rival clan member?

Just wondering...

Phantom

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Hey Widderborg,

When you sign up to a match in Tennessee, do you have to put down what clan you're part of so that you don't get possed with a rival clan member?

Just wondering...

Phantom

Normally, rival klan means your ugly cousin married your beautiful sister..... and he still owes a mule and 3 banty roosters

for the deal..... :lol:

But we do try to avoid putting rival klan members on the same posse.

The most ruthless is the Williams and Harris klan.   Most folks tend to like the Harris klan cause they make

better moonshine (splo)..... ;)    AND.....their women folk usually have all their teeth.

..........Widder

5 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

I got to see Red Knee last year in TN you're right he's FAST.  If I see him I'll make sure to mention you, of course in a good way ;)

4 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I got to see Red Knee last year in TN you're right he's FAST.  If I see him I'll make sure to mention you, of course in a good way ;)

His secret is peanut butter lube, extra crunchy; take him a jar in case he's running low.

:FlagAm: Apple Annie and I are looking forward to seeing our friends again and making new ones.  This will be the eighth year making the trip from Arizona.  Remember to bring a large pot of your award winning chili Thursday night for the chili contest.  Vendors need to get your apps in to Slim so I can make sure none of you are hungry Wednesday night.  Annie and I are planning a really great meal for you all.

As a side note:  I have been very busy vacuum bagging the Phoenix heat and storing it all in the chest freezer.  Tennessee Williams is going to have to eat those tanner splits lickity split before they melt.:P

With so many events postponed or canceled, we both are so happy to be able to come back again and enjoy life.

Chas B:D

2 hours ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

:FlagAm: Apple Annie and I are looking forward to seeing our friends again and making new ones.  This will be the eighth year making the trip from Arizona.  Remember to bring a large pot of your award winning chili Thursday night for the chili contest.  Vendors need to get your apps in to Slim so I can make sure none of you are hungry Wednesday night.  Annie and I are planning a really great meal for you all.

As a side note:  I have been very busy vacuum bagging the Phoenix heat and storing it all in the chest freezer.  Tennessee Williams is going to have to eat those tanner splits lickity split before they melt.:P

With so many events postponed or canceled, we both are so happy to be able to come back again and enjoy life.

Chas B:D

We have plenty of fun planned including the Wednesday night vendor appreciation dinner, A full day of side matches on Thursday, the Thursday night chili contest, and 12 stages of fast, furious cowboy action. Did I mention the Friday evening dinner & door prizes and a fantastic Saturday evening awards banquet. 

We will comply with any and all mandated safety & health precautions, and, as stated by Mr. Whiskey Hayes, will only cancel if the Governor issues a statewide lock-down. I know the feller, that ain't likely. 

The only things we won't have is 'nanner splits & 'nanner puddin'. We can't seem to keep them in stock for some reason. Surveillance cameras show that TN Williams may be to blame.........

16 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I'll be all pinked up Thursday!!

Randy

IMG_E5735.JPG.c96b868f6ded8f53d3d6969068ab0094.JPG

It's NOT a Tutu, it's a kilt!

Raising funds again this year for The American Cancer Society!

9 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

We have plenty of fun planned including the Wednesday night vendor appreciation dinner, A full day of side matches on Thursday, the Thursday night chili contest, and 12 stages of fast, furious cowboy action. Did I mention the Friday evening dinner & door prizes and a fantastic Saturday evening awards banquet. 

We will comply with any and all mandated safety & health precautions, and, as stated by Mr. Whiskey Hayes, will only cancel if the Governor issues a statewide lock-down. I know the feller, that ain't likely. 

The only things we won't have is 'nanner splits & 'nanner puddin'. We can't seem to keep them in stock for some reason. Surveillance cameras show that TN Williams may be to blame.........

I don't know what the Friday night door prizes will be but I can show you what they've been in the past.

Randy

IMG_2391.thumb.JPG.3d0180a53a1d2cf5eaf8a8831c30fada.JPGIMG_2392.thumb.JPG.9ea40f009362c0f5dcd131667d5dfd6e.JPG

On 7/27/2020 at 6:53 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Mr Badly........... you truly are Bad!  :lol:

Uncle JACK draws a big crowd every year.  Ahhhhhh,  the stories HE can tell!

..........Widder

Seems like every time I win a door prize, the bottle has a leak at the top of it! Maybe I'll have better luck this year. Of course Jack Daniel's is to me what 'nanner puddin' is to TN Williams, except I only indulge once a year!

5 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Seems like every time I win a door prize, the bottle has a leak at the top of it! Maybe I'll have better luck this year. Of course Jack Daniel's is to me what 'nanner puddin' is to TN Williams, except I only indulge once a year!

:FlagAm: Me being IRISH, I have to categorically state that I have never witnessed a bottle of Single Barrel Select emptied so fast.  Slim, you are at the point of out pacing gravity.  Maybe a battery powered pump and a funnel are in order for this year.:ph34r:

Chas B:P 

2 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Maybe this year, you could win the Henry rifle.

You're right about TN Williams and Nanner Splits.   He also only indulges once a year.

He starts on January 1st and its a continuous exercise thru December..... :lol:

Once a year.....24/7 all year long.

..........Widder

9 hours ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

:FlagAm: Me being IRISH, I have to categorically state that I have never witnessed a bottle of Single Barrel Select emptied so fast.  Slim, you are at the point of out pacing gravity.  Maybe a battery powered pump and a funnel are in order for this year.:ph34r:

Chas B:P 

Chas,

I never had tried single barrel up to that point. Man was it smooth, but such a tiny bottle!

18 hours ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

I reckon I will be back to fight it out with Widder once again.

If the docs get my heart situation worked out properly, as planned, I hope you and others will have your

hands full of 'Widder' this year.

Red Knee is already accusing me of 'Gold bricking' cause I'm getting skeeeert of him.     Har, har, har.

He's hiding out somewhere in Oklahoma.   I hear tell a rumor that he's putting another 'bounty' on my head

hoping that somebody will do his dirty work for him..... :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you again, SGT.   Take care.

..........Widder

Archived