SASS Wire Forum

Hello. Your dog is on your roof.

Subdeacon Joe

From the pictures, it looks like the little dog likes being on the roof, so it can get a different view of things.

Cat Brules

BAHAHAHAHAHA.  We had a huskey/German Shepard named Nikki.   I could write a book on Nikki. 

He pulled the same stunt on me. 

I will try to make this as short as possible. 

Nikki got into some trouble with the law over some rabbits that were terrorizing the neighborhood. Nikki took care of that, BUT the rabbits belonged to a neighbor who called the law. Well Nikki was a Hodini and could get out of any pen I could build. So I called the professinal and had an 8 ft chain link attached to a cement floor under my back deck. Cost me $1800.00  to get it installed. 

Next day I leave for work after putting Nikki in his new cage. When I returned home that evening, Nikki was sitting on the front porch waiting my arrival. My neighbor was waiting for me. He said he had the best laugh of the week. Seems I had left a step ladder leaning on the wall on the deck. I had been dealing with a roof issue. Neighbor said Nikki tried to find a way out, then decided the roof was his best bet. Neighbor said he climbed the ladder, circled the roof looking for an escape point, decided he didn't have one, climbed down the ladder and proceeded to climb the 8 ft chain link by putting his paws through the openings, jumped down from the top and FREE! I  sure miss that dog.

I had a black lab , named Dummy , not the way it was , I was doing some roof repair , had to run to town to get something 

came back had to get him off the roof , I guess he had climbed the ladder to find me 

ya ever tryed to come down a ladder with an 85+ lb lab in your arms 

CB :huh:

I had a boxer who ripped off the screen on my daughter's bedroom window and climbed out onto the roof.  She was ready to jump down when she saw my wife in the driveway, but somehow, my wife got her to stay until she ran upstairs and got a hold of her collar.  Wouldn't you know that the dog started trembling when she had to jump down 2-3 ft to the bedroom floor.   She was something that dog, Kajsa.  Chased the deer herd in Monmouth Battlefield park; came back exhausted and bathed in deer droppings, happy as a clam.

Max, my fixed male cat, does a lot of hunting on my roof. He goes for squirrels, birds and anything he can catch or, at least, terrify. :D

I had two brindle boxer males that spent quite a bit of time on my roof now far away before I retired escaped back to Idaho. Boxers would not live long here in the Canadian border country because of the wolves and coyotes.   :angry:

I do not believe this is correct.

>they’re really athletic, agile, and light on their feet.<

If all Huskies were "light on their feet", there would not be any more Huskies.

17 hours ago, Alpo said:

I do not believe this is correct.

>they’re really athletic, agile, and light on their feet.<

If all Huskies were "light on their feet", there would not be any more Huskies.

It says "light on their feet", Not in their loafers

On 7/20/2020 at 1:01 PM, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

I had a black lab , named Dummy , not the way it was , I was doing some roof repair , had to run to town to get something 

came back had to get him off the roof , I guess he had climbed the ladder to find me 

ya ever tryed to come down a ladder with an 85+ lb lab in your arms 

CB :huh:

Labs are scary intelligent. Mine was always eyeing my truck keys. Had to keep em in my pocket at all times just in case.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Labs are scary intelligent. Mine was always eyeing my truck keys. Had to keep em in my pocket at all times just in case.

I wouldn't worry about that, Bob.  I never saw a dog that could see out the windshield and reach the pedals at the same time.  If yours can, get a stickshift.  Dogs can't handle a shifter knob.

UB 

well , Dummy would not steal the truck keys , BUT , tools and beer were fair game 

along with my field jacket , and any thing else , camo , that I had handled 

The lemon , I have now is just as smart and spoiled , reckon , I have been blessed to have   to have very good dogs most of my life 

CB 

Archived