SASS Wire Forum

It Was Fake

Subdeacon Joe

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The people that I have met that claim the moon landing was fake usually aren’t real bright. 

Yeah, about as bright as a new moon.

:ph34r:

I'm an engineer.

I took a look at what it would have required to fake the moon landings.

First, all the work involved in the fake. That isn't too bad at first glance. Certainly, the astronauts would have to be in on it, plus building a rocket to not go there but capable of doing so.

And fake the landings and the moon walks. And do this in a time when CG did not exist.

And then make sure that all of the engineers who actually believed they were doing a moon trip that they were actually doing a moon trip... Which requires a huge engineering effort by other engineers faking the trips to satisfy the engineers making the trips actually happen. Without ever having an error or a leak... Which becomes untenable as a proposition.

Frankly, it would be easier to actually go to the moon than fake the trip. Because to begin with, the rocket would actually have to be capable of doing so.

We definitely went to the moon. Now that leaves another question... What did the astronauts see when they looked back at the earth?

new-version-of-solar-system-with-flat-ea

Yes, that would be a bit awkward, but there are flat-earthers all around the world... I mean in all four corners of the world. But I'm not worried about them, the cats will knock them off the edge sooner or later.

Wal shux...!

Couldn't have been faked.  If it was faked, then they would have never gotten THIS picture~!   :huh:

Fresno.jpg.234220555f88fabe9e697cfc9c278d63.jpg

Those same people (and others) believe that Area 51 has alien bodies and stuff all over and that has been kept secret fo about 50 years, too.

Besides, they make the aliens look like little gray men or giants and we  uh, they don't look like that at all

After working for 40 years in aerospace as a Production Engineer on the Apollo, Saturn, B-1a, F-18, B-2 and Space Shuttle, I am the real thing. A bit old now, but wiser and better than when I started!

4 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

After working for 40 years in aerospace as a Production Engineer on the Apollo, Saturn, B-1a, F-18, B-2 and Space Shuttle, I am the real thing. A bit old now, but wiser and better than when I started!

It's a bit odd the you were a Production Engineer on a project that some say is a MOVIE. Hmmmm^_^

10 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

That's what we are supposed to think.  ;)

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The people that I have met that claim the moon landing was fake usually aren’t real bright. 

....... to plagerise steal from another thread ......

........ not the brightest bowling balls in the toolshed  ......

9 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Yep sharp as the leading edge of a bowling ball.

Yous all ain't never seen the movie Hangar 18, have ya?

Did ya all miss The X Files too?

:P

Smuteye John:  I'll have you know we had a successful tin foil hat moment at Black Gold.  Anybody with pictures?  Oh, yeah:  what happens at Black Gold stays at Black Gold.  Nevermind.

7 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

As are most proponents of conspiracy theories. 

That’s what they want you to think.  :)

I was manager of Production Engineering. Production Engineering consisted of Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technology. Design Engineering designed it and we made sure what they designed could be manufactured and built per their specifications. Not an easy task.

Some people think it was fake, but I worked many thousands of hours with thousands of dedicated people on this program and KNOW we went to the moon!

1 minute ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I was manager of Production Engineering. Production Engineering consisted of Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technology. Design Engineering designed it and we made sure what they designed could be manufactured and built per their specifications. Not an easy task.

Some people think it was fake, but I worked many thousands of hours with thousands of dedicated people on this program and KNOW we went to the moon!

You launched it on my first birthday too!

I had the privilege of working with some of the guys that tracked the Gemini and Apollo spacecraft.

We were using a system at the Houston Space center to track an aircraft doing low lever super sonic testing out over the gulf.  Because they were so low auto tracking was not getting the job done. Our minders saw the problems we were having and sent us to a new building and set us up with a group of engineers that started out at NASA tracking the Gemini capsules.  After a test pass at a little higher altitude to get the speed down they manually tracked our aircraft as it did its testing.

Knowing the level of skill required to to accomplish this feat I was very impressed at his ability to stay on target through out the entire run. 

Spent 8 days listening to oral history and asking questions of some exceptionally talented individuals.

20 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

They need to move closer to the edge of the earth.  The view is much clearer there.

Archived