SASS Wire Forum

Covid 19 questions

Rye Miles #13621

Kinda funny. In a sick way. When we say “ something has to be done” WHAT????
Since I have thought about it overnight I have decided to comply with the mask mandates. After all, I want to be a great Patriot and American and definitely don’t want to be selfish. So if it saves lives I’ll do it. But I need guidance from the experts on here since I am obviously clueless. Please help.
QUESTION(s):
1) After shopping at the local grocery store, do we leave the masks on once we leave or does the virus just stay in the stores?
- If we leave it on, then for how long?
- How many miles can I drive before it is safe to remove the mask?
2) What about my fingers, arms, legs, head, neck, and toes? Should I disinfect them BEFORE or AFTER I remove my mask? After all, they were exposed at the store.
2.1) if I touch my mask do I have to sanitize my hands
2.2) now I contaminated my hand sanitizer bottle. What do I do?
3) When we arrive home from the grocery store do we disinfect the goods and bags BEFORE we bring them inside or AFTER?
- Do I put the mask back on?
4) Once we have the goods inside do we disinfect the entire car or just the trunk?
5) Do we need to disinfect our countertops, pantries, refrigerator, entire kitchen, the dogs (they always sniff the bags) doors we touched, the garage, driveway, and street?
6) What should we do about the food and goods purchased? Do we need to disinfect all these items as well? After all, they were in the grocery store exposed to all these nasty liberal viruses.
7) What should I do with my homemade fancy cloth mask? Do I burn it? It was also exposed to the nasty liberal virus at the store?
 What about the clothes I wore to the store? Is disinfecting them ok? Do I disinfect them in the grocery store parking lot or in my garage?
9) What about my eyes? Are there special eye drops I need to take? Where do I get those?
10) After consuming the goods from the store do I need a biohazard bag for the waste? (Both trash and poop)
11) Is the juice and milk I bought safe to drink or should I disinfect it first?
12) Is there a specific shampoo to use if I get a hair cut to disinfect my hair?
13) My meds...what about my meds? Are they safe to orally consume or should I disinfect them too?
14) If I shop at a hardware store should I disinfect each screw, nut, and bolt BEFORE or AFTER I put them in my project?
15) I want to paint my room but I am not sure if I should disinfect the paint BEFORE or AFTER I apply it to the walls.
16) What if I forgot to follow any of the above do I call the fire department, CDC, or psychiatrist?
Repost
Copy and paste to share. I got this from someone else....I did not create this.

The problem is thinking.  You and/or your ghostwriter are guilty of the high crime, "Unauthorized Thinking in a Crisis."

Stop all thinking at once.  Just do what your betters tell you to do.  Big Brother will do the thinking.  Just relax and be grateful.

6 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

The problem is thinking.  You and/or your ghostwriter are guilty of the high crime, "Unauthorized Thinking in a Crisis."

Stop all thinking at once.  Just do what your betters tell you to do.  Big Brother will do the thinking.  Just relax and be grateful.

I posted this to MAKE you think! ;)

Since I am gonna be 78 on Friday, and my wife (who was three years younger when we got married 53 years ago...but now claims to be 40 or so ;) ) are somewhat older, and I have Type 2 diabetes, we could be at greater risk from the virus.  We try to avoid going into stores, and even doctor's offices more than necessary.  We have our food delivered by a national food chain store.  The delivery outfit goes into the store, picks out the food and other items we order on-line and drops them on our front porch.  My wife and I put on masks, gloves, and wipes each item down with disinfectant wipes, in the garage.  Perishables go in the refrigerator or freezer in the garage for three to four days. The guidelines from CDC are that the virus can live on surfaces as follows: plastic and stainless steel, 72 hours (3 days), cardboard 24 hours, and several other things at least 3 hours.  Once things are wiped down and stored, the gloves come off, inside-out and thrown away in a tied garbage bag.  Clothing is set out in the sunlight for a couple of days.  If it rains, so what? You can also have them washed in detergent and laundry bleach.  I personally, also wear a plastic face shield and a cap, which goes out in the sun.  I wear an old raincoat to prevent accidentally touching my clothes with one of the plastic grocery bags. When all is done, then wash your hands in good soapy lather for at least 20 seconds (I count to 30 by thousands).  Taking a shower is a good idea, especially for women with long hair.  We avoid crowds.  That six-foot distancing is fine as far as it goes.  Remember, however, if you are outside, being downwind of somebody increases the distance you should separate by.  Stay away from folks not wearing masks.  It may be your "right" not to mask, but if we all did, it would likely help limit the spread of the disease! 

Best of luck and stay well!

Hey Rye Miles, I work in a laboratory and can help answer some of those questions (I know its a joke but still, its part of my job :lol:)

QUESTION(s):
1) After shopping at the local grocery store, do we leave the masks on once we leave or does the virus just stay in the stores? If you're not around people, take it off
- If we leave it on, then for how long? Until you're alone or with the people you share living space with
- How many miles can I drive before it is safe to remove the mask? If you're in the car with people outside your home unit leave it on, otherwise, 0 miles
2) What about my fingers, arms, legs, head, neck, and toes? Should I disinfect them BEFORE or AFTER I remove my mask? After all, they were exposed at the store.

If everyone was wearing their mask, you won't need to disinfect anything! The virus is contained by their masks.
2.1) if I touch my mask do I have to sanitize my hands No
2.2) now I contaminated my hand sanitizer bottle. What do I do? Nothin, your bottle is still fine!
3) When we arrive home from the grocery store do we disinfect the goods and bags BEFORE we bring them inside or AFTER? This is actually a good question. The virus survives on surfaces for a limited time, some people wipe everything down with 70% IPA to be safe, but I just trained my family to wash their hands before touching their faces at all. Either way will keep ya safe.
- Do I put the mask back on? Are you around people outside of your family unit?
4) Once we have the goods inside do we disinfect the entire car or just the trunk? No (see above about washing hands)
5) Do we need to disinfect our countertops, pantries, refrigerator, entire kitchen, the dogs (they always sniff the bags) doors we touched, the garage, driveway, and street? No
6) What should we do about the food and goods purchased? Do we need to disinfect all these items as well? After all, they were in the grocery store exposed to all these nasty liberal viruses. You should always wash produce under running water. The action of running water itself has shown to wash bacteria and viruses off of the produce down to levels that your immune system can handle. Anything that's not produce is either packed with preservatives, or will be cooked, so no worries there pardner
7) What should I do with my homemade fancy cloth mask? Do I burn it? It was also exposed to the nasty liberal virus at the store? If you're not sick, your mask won't have any virus on it
 What about the clothes I wore to the store? Is disinfecting them ok? Do I disinfect them in the grocery store parking lot or in my garage? If you were around someone who wasn't wearing a mask, definitely wash your clothes and take a shower. One maskless person coughing into the air will project covid all over you.
9) What about my eyes? Are there special eye drops I need to take? Where do I get those? It is extremely rare for someone to absorb a virus through the mucous membranes of the eyes. It would literally take someone grabbing your head, and sneezing or spitting into your eyeball, then rubbing it around to adsorb through your skin. Your eyes are fine!
10) After consuming the goods from the store do I need a biohazard bag for the waste? (Both trash and poop) ...please don't be playing with your poop... have you heard of E.coli?
11) Is the juice and milk I bought safe to drink or should I disinfect it first? Both will be pasteurized, and therefore fine
12) Is there a specific shampoo to use if I get a hair cut to disinfect my hair? No, most shampoos contain antimicrobials like Bezalkonium Chloride which will take care of it for ya!
13) My meds...what about my meds? Are they safe to orally consume or should I disinfect them too? Did someone who had covid sneeze directly on your meds? If so, simply setting them aside for 72 hours will cause the virus to die, and you should be fine! If you need to take them before 72 hours, I would suggest a simple wipe with 70% IPA.
14) If I shop at a hardware store should I disinfect each screw, nut, and bolt BEFORE or AFTER I put them in my project? See above - wash your hands
15) I want to paint my room but I am not sure if I should disinfect the paint BEFORE or AFTER I apply it to the walls. Does your paint contain lead? If so, take it to your closest hazmat facility. If not, you're ok to paint!
16) What if I forgot to follow any of the above do I call the fire department, CDC, or psychiatrist? I'd recommend you monitor your health, and if you develop symptoms, contact your doctor and get tested for Covid19. Your doctor will know what to do. If you're feeling fine, grab a cold beer and enjoy your good health with some peace and quiet!

Seriously though, the mask is completely ineffective during inhalation. Unless you have a n95 mask, or even better a WW1 style gas mask with 0.1 micron filters, you will be able to inhale atomized particle through your mask. 

The mask is extremely efficient in blocking particles from EXITING however, as you get closer to your mouth, the droplets are less and less atomized, so a cloth at your mouth will catch droplets before they aerosolize. 

A lab nearby ran a test where people coughed into a petri dish without a mask, and then into one with a mask. After incubation, the one with a mask was practically clean, and the one without a mask was covered in bacterial cultures.

This is why it's super important to wear your mask - it does nothing to protect yourself, but it protects the man next to ya. Love thy neighbor and all of that.

It's rough times all around, and I definitely understand how uncomfortable it is. I'm on the front lines wearing masks 8-10 hours a day, and I have two siblings who are immunocompromised so I have to be paranoid about what I bring to my family.

Ok, we can get back to having fun and joking around now :lol:

I finally gave in and just wear the damn thing when I go into a store!! I hate arguing about it!:angry:

Wear a mask when you go outside, around other people. Be sure to wear the mask when you are in a store.

Don’t say anything to other people in public places who are not wearing a mask. Just avoid them.  Just avoid them!

if someone approaches you in public, and they are not wearing a mask, tell them to stop! and back away from you until they put a mask on.  Be firm about that!  Walk away from them if they do not comply.

That’s really all we need know.

Cat Brules

3 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Just wear the mask in the stores and take it off outside. Not really a big deal; can't hurt. Amazing how much energy is going into 'mask discussions' these days. 

That is because so many wear it without covering their nose, or pull it aside to talk (or, unbelievably, to cough!).

And then they wear it for more than a couple hours or after it gets wet. At that point, it may still protect others from any diseases they might have but at that point it is also starting to give them a disease (from bacteria growing on their own damn wet mask).

My county instituted a mask mandate (expires August 3rd) and part of that program is giving out a free mask to any resident who requests one. One. That will last two hours. For an order which expires August 3rd... They ran out of free masks a few days ago.

The new round of coughing should start any day now... Hope they wear their mask. That one free mask. Until August 3rd.

5 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Wear a mask when you go outside, around other people. Be sure to wear the mask when you are in a store.

Don’t say anything to other people in public places who are not wearing a mask. Just avoid them.  Just avoid them!

if someone approaches you in public, and they are not wearing a mask, tell them to stop! and back away from you until they put a mask on.  Be firm about that!  Walk away from them if they do not comply.

That’s really all we need know.

Cat Brules

Succinct and spot-on.

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I finally gave in and just wear the damn thing when I go into a store!! I hate arguing about it!:angry:

I don’t get the whole “We are no longer a free country” arguments. Big deal. You have to wear a mask. Yeah it’s a pain in the butt. Lots of stuff is. I’ve got better things to worry about.

8 hours ago, Snakejaw_Joe said:

The mask is extremely efficient in blocking particles from EXITING however, as you get closer to your mouth, the droplets are less and less atomized, so a cloth at your mouth will catch droplets before they aerosolize. 

This is why it's super important to wear your mask - it does nothing to protect yourself, but it protects the man next to ya. Love thy neighbor and all of that.

Bingo. Too many people still don’t seem to understand that.

And some ones that may grasp it still say, “I’m not sick so I don’t need to wear one”.
The Internet sure has made people stupid.

Archived