SASS Wire Forum

Yellowstone

Rye Miles #13621

Yup. Where’s my rye? Oh there ‘tis. Let the butt kickin commence!  :) 

FAA1F2F8-2EB6-4962-BC1E-54F50E048969.jpeg

Enough whooping to go around!

Great line....You are the trailer park, I’m the tornado!! (Beth):wub:   

Drinks all around Sam!  

Have one on me, Miss Kitty!

Cat Brules

We watched the first season and seem to be unable to watch any others. If I could buy the episodes or the station to get them, I would love to do so. Any help?

49 minutes ago, Go West said:

We watched the first season and seem to be unable to watch any others. If I could buy the episodes or the station to get them, I would love to do so. Any help?

I got cable but. friend of mine has Amazon Prime and gets it maybe a season later, not sure exactly how it works. 

You can buy a whole season, or individual episodes on Amazon.  That is how my wife and I have been watching it.  We caught the previous seasons on sale and got the current one on pre-order for a discount before it came out.  The new episodes come out about 5 am the morning after they air.  

9 hours ago, Go West said:

It’s available on Amazon Prime for $2.99/episode or $19.99/season. 

We’re gonna try the first episode tonight and see how it goes. 

it’s a Paramount production and I’m not sure of their streaming outlets. Might be Hulu or something. Anyway, if you Google it you’ll find out. 

22 minutes ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

They sold 300 head of horses for $16,000???? Maybe in 1860, but not today. For a quick sale at the min. price they are worth about $150,000.

Unless my math is wrong. That's been known to happen.

Questioned that myself as the three hundred head looked like maybe a hundred, the glue factory prices are stronger than that. $15k is not worth the risk and pushups. Cut the family a check and let them free graze on the banks pasture. Other than that, this season is showing good promise. Beth is a tornado for sure!

1 hour ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

They sold 300 head of horses for $16,000???? Maybe in 1860, but not today. For a quick sale at the min. price they are worth about $150,000.

Unless my math is wrong. That's been known to happen.

Yeah really. They musta all had Coggins. 

I think they need to add subtitles when the new Wrangler is talking;)

Y’all talking ‘bout the price for horses.  How much has it changed in the last couple of years?  I’m remembering, maybe 24 months ago, when folks were talking about having to keep their empty horse trailers locked so’s somebody couldn’t run a horse in the trailer whilst you were in some place getting something to eat!!

Horses were being given away and abandoned! I don’t deal with horses.  Has it changed that much that quickly??

I’m really enjoying the show!  Some of the meanest women I can recall!!  Political Correctness is nowhere to be seen!!  Stomp your own snakes and let the wolf out when ya’ need to!!

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

I think they need to add subtitles when the new Wrangler is talking;)

Not if you’re a southern redneck. ;)

10 hours ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

I'm thinking of moving to Montana.  If this show is any indication, the women are all hot to trot.

Well.......

:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Not if you’re a southern redneck. ;)

I have relatives in rural GA and NC.  Doesn't sound anything like them.

29 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I have relatives in rural GA and NC.  Doesn't sound anything like them.

Regional accents vary even in the Deep South. She sounds like some folks of mine from Alabama. :)

So like the comments about the wrong guns for the time frame in movies, the show wasn't going to show 300 horses being rounded up and then transported. YOu couldn't get 20 in the truck that was shown. And $16,000 is just a number used for nothing other than giving a number to it.

And in 1860 a horse would go for about $25 or $7,500 for the lot! $25 in todays money is around $750.

Now they would go for around $500 each. $150,000.

Despite the incorrect horse trading cash, there are other goofs about livestock inspectors etc. But it’s still a dangg good show in my opinion. :wub:

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Y’all talking ‘bout the price for horses.  How much has it changed in the last couple of years?  I’m remembering, maybe 24 months ago, when folks were talking about having to keep their empty horse trailers locked so’s somebody couldn’t run a horse in the trailer whilst you were in some place getting something to eat!!

Horses were being given away and abandoned! I don’t deal with horses.  Has it changed that much that quickly??

I’m really enjoying the show!  Some of the meanest women I can recall!!  Political Correctness is nowhere to be seen!!  Stomp your own snakes and let the wolf out when ya’ need to!!

depends on what part of the country you are in. Here in Texas horses have gradually increased in price  since I boughtmy last horse. Good horseflesh is worth money, and if they were breeding horses, they had some good horses.

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Despite the incorrect horse trading cash, there are other goofs about livestock inspectors etc. But it’s still a dangg good show in my opinion. :wub:

I like it too, but a few years back I would have laughed at the idea that one day I would be watching a R-rated soap opera.

Archived