SASS Wire Forum

Old age has my mind

Old age has me.   I cannot remember what LASSOOS  stands for.  I think it starts as Lever Action Shotgun Shooters ???   Please Help  another cowboy and I were talking about our 87 shotguns and LASSOOS came up but we cannot remember.   Thanks Driftwood Dan

Found what it means thanks to all.   Driftwood Dan

Lever Action Shotgun Shooters & Omnipresent Obscuring Smoke  = LASSOOS

I don't have your answer.  But I don't think age and memory loss necessary go together.   I too think of an answer for a short or long while before coming up with it.  Sometimes I come up with the answer but then I couldn't remember the question. 

I'll tell you a story.  There were about 40 in our grade in high school so we pretty much had every class together for four years.  There was one guy with first name of Gary.  We'd run into each other now and then over the next 20 years.  But somehow his last name completely purged from my memory.  It was no big deal.  It wasn't important.  But I pondered over it for probably six months off and on.  Then one day Sawmill Mary and I were driving along and the question came into my mind again.   In frustration I blurted out to Sawmill Mary,  "What's Gary McCormick's last name?".  She looked at me like I was stupid or something. 

Boy that sure does sound familiar Warden. Thanks for posting cause I'd probably be in that same boat. Mercy!

JRJ

3 hours ago, Slowhand Bob, 24229 said:

You might get someone to do a search of LASSOOS over on CAS City.  I tried but it no longer remembers me and I no longer remember my names and numbers for sign in???

I tried and found nothing except references in various poster signatures. None had the acronym spelled out.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I checked on CAS City, no luck.  Sent a PM to Gunner over on Cas City.   Glad I am not the only one that cannot remember what I walked into a room for.   Driftwood Dan

• 1 month later...

Driftwood Dan is correct.

Lever Action Shotgun Shooters & Omnipresent Obscuring Smoke

I think it would be neat if someone could find and resurrect the original thread, started by me.

Glad to see there are still some folks shooting the ol' 87 

Archived