SASS Wire Forum

SOLD Winchester 1873 SRC 20" barrel 1299.

I have up for sale my Winchester 1873 Saddle Ring Carbine.  It is brand new in the box with all the papers, 357/38, Blued receiver and round barrel. 1299. + 40 shipping & insurance. Holds 10 + 1 cartridges.  PM me for any questions or more pictures.

Winchester LeftSide (2).jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Outlaw

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.  It is a side loader.  But I had to send it back to Winchester because there was a little problem with the lever.  When I get it back fixed  I will post here to let everyone know it is available again.

• 2 weeks later...

It is now fixed and up for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask what was wrong with the lever? Is it a "cut and weld"??

Thanks, Rye

The problem with the lever was that when you were returning it to the closed position it would bind for the last 3/8 of an inch.  It would still close but an extra effort was necessary to get it to fully closed position. The problem was in the bolt.  There is a block half way back on the bolt that buts up against the frame and there was too much meat on the face of the bolt where it touched the frame.  It was necessary to take off about .003 of a inch so the bold could close without the binding.  It was taken care of and now it works great.  This is a known problem with the Japan Winchesters and an easy fix.

21 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

The problem with the lever was that when you were returning it to the closed position it would bind for the last 3/8 of an inch.  It would still close but an extra effort was necessary to get it to fully closed position. The problem was in the bolt.  There is a block half way back on the bolt that buts up against the frame and there was too much meat on the face of the bolt where it touched the frame.  It was necessary to take off about .003 of a inch so the bold could close without the binding.  It was taken care of and now it works great.  This is a known problem with the Japan Winchesters and an easy fix.

Thanks, I'm thinking about it!

Rye

• 4 weeks later...

Sold pending funds to Tall Tale Todd

Archived