SASS Wire Forum

Hey Badger Baseball is back

Rye Miles #13621

Indians VS. Royals

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/CLE/cleveland-indians/schedule/regular/

Indians VS. Cardinals in Aug at Busch stadium 

21 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

YEA!!!!!   PLAY BALL!

Looks like the Cards Play Pittsburg on the 24th. 

The Indians are playing Pittsburgh tonight in a pre season exhibition game. It’s just on the radio. 

Weeelll... here we go.

Exhibition game tonight - Giants vs A's.  Sure 'nuff, a handful of Giants just had to "take a knee" during the Anthem.  Including (led by?) the new manager, Gabe Kapler.

*sigh*  I'm gonna miss baseball.   :(

I watched the Indians and Pirates in an exhibition game last night. They didn't show the National Anthem so I don't know if anyone knelt but I doubt it. 

No crowd but they had the crowd noise piped in. Kinda surreal. Some players wore masks but most didn't unless they were on first base and the first baseman was holding them. 

It will not be like this forever. I’m really tired of people saying “nothing will ever be the same!”.

Normalcy Will return. The parks will fill with happy fans enjoying beer, hot dogs and peanuts, hollering at the umps, cheering homers and booing brushback pitches.
Baseball will endure.

48 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

MLB has authorized anthem kneeling.  Baseball added to "dead to me" list.  No compromise.

I haven’t heard that! Where did you hear that? I thought that was an owners decision. I did see where MLB defended the Giants kneeling . I also heard they’re not even going to show the anthem anymore.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I haven’t heard that! Where did you hear that? I thought that was an owners decision. I did see where MLB defended the Giants kneeling . I also heard they’re not even going to show the anthem anymore.

Awww... that just ain't right!  The National Anthem is as much a part of Baseball as the Seventh Inning Stretch~!    :(

After all, aren't the last two words of the Anthem "Play Ball~!" ?   :huh:

17 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Weeelll... here we go.

Exhibition game tonight - Giants vs A's.  Sure 'nuff, a handful of Giants just had to "take a knee" during the Anthem.  Including (led by?) the new manager, Gabe Kapler.

*sigh*  I'm gonna miss baseball.   :(

Yep .. that was a shame ... :( I was really looking forward to some games until I saw that (and AZ plays SF all the time ... sigh ...).

Can't anyone just do "their thing" and leave politics out of it these days?? That is always going to PO at least 1/2 of the audience.

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Heard it on the Dan Bongino show today.  It was a passing remark in a broader discussion.  No source cited.

Archived