SASS Wire Forum

This just in! UPDATE- Capt Baylor

Utah Bob #35998

This is from Deborah TheRedhead Rich. Wanted to let you know George Baylor went to the ER at 2am this morning. Not to worry. He’s ok. Had surgery and is now recovering in his room. I’m sure he’ll post an update as soon as he gets his phone back!

From Capt a Baylor’s page with his permission:

You’re not seeing or reading this. My iPhone wasn’t allowed into the hospital , COVID-19 you know. 

But with a complex, clandestine operation worthy of the CIA our agent, code name Tanya got my iPhone and other necessities past the solid wall of masked guards. 

The rest of the story. I had a hiatal hernia, a tear in the diaphragm. It was diagnosed on June 3, but I wasn’t told until June 30. A aurgical referral was made and filed away with the other “elective” surgeries. 

I could tell it was getting worse. Then the entire stomach broke through and was blocked. I passed out. Deborah TheRedhead Rich was standing over me calmly talking to 911 when I woke. 

The surgery was performed Thursday morning and proved to be very difficult, taking several hours-twice what was planned. Arthroscopic, several small incisions. 

At this point I’ve been on clear liquids, and the nurses have been encouraging ne to fart. That’s a first. 

Tomorrow I get “free” liquids. If I can handle them I get paroled. I’ll be restricted to liquids for 4 to 6 weeks. The worst diet ever. No, Margaritas and gin and tonics are not on the list. Tonics maybe. 

The pain hasn’t been bad except for the caffeine withdrawal headaches. They give opiods for everything. Apparently Advil
Is dangerous. No worry about addiction. I hate the stuff. 

I’m still reading all of the wonderful comments on Debbie’s posts on my page. I’m extremely gratified and overwhelmed. The people of SASS are the greatest, and I really appreciate all of your comments. Even you Al Lind

7EA7ADC3-117E-4DFC-96EC-13752377EF2E.jpeg

I'm sure glad he's near a major medical center and was not in some remote location in the Southwest Desert lacking cell phone coverage.

2 hours ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

I'm sure glad he's near a major medical center and was not in some remote location in the Southwest Desert lacking cell phone coverage.

Like me? :D

Shot with him once at Comin’AtCha’.!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

6 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Like me? :D

I know where you live.  I bought these beans nearby on my return trip from the Revenge.

IMG_0264 (002).jpg

20 minutes ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

I know where you live.  I bought these beans nearby on my return trip from the Revenge.

IMG_0264 (002).jpg

They also make great hot sauce and salsa.

Hope the Captain is alright. Met him and talked with him several times while I was in Arizona this past winter. A very nice man. And knowledgeable.

Latest info is he should be home today recovering from surgery. :)

From Deborah TheRedhead Rich. We knew Capt. Baylor had a hernia and needed surgery and he’s been waiting for the VA to schedule. But it is an elective surgery which is currently suspended in Bexar County due to COVID. At 1am yesterday morning he woke me up, said he was sick, then collapsed on the floor. So the elective surgery became emergency surgery. The Dr said the hernia turned out to be much worse than we thought and it was a difficult surgery. I expect him home later today. Thank you all so much for your kind words, prayers and friendship. It means a lot to us.

Updated At 1920 hrs must

11 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Latest info is he should be home today recovering from surgery. :)

VA shopped me out to a civilian hospital with great cardiac ratings.  They decided my pace maker surgery was elective and notified my on Friday  a month ago that my surgery for the following Monday had been postponed.

Glad he got what he needed, but sad that it was so damned complicated to get it done.

Glad the a Captain is doing well....now.  Best wishes.

Cat Brules

Glad everything went well. Hop for a complete and speedy recovery. A fine man in my opinion.

UB,

Thanks for posting.

Captain,

Glad to hear things are going well in the situation, wishes for a speedy recovery & that the paperwork goes smoothly as well.

We had a bunch of good shoots & lunches while you were in AZ & look forward to the next time we can posse up.  (although a bit tougher since your move)

Get better & continue to make good smoke.

Earl

16 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

VA shopped me out to a civilian hospital with great cardiac ratings.  They decided my pace maker surgery was elective and notified my on Friday  a month ago that my surgery for the following Monday had been postponed.

Glad he got what he needed, but sad that it was so damned complicated to get it done.

Well now, normally I do dental but in your case I guess I can make an exception.

(Let's see now: Kitchen table to lay him out on; Rubber mallet to put him out - Don't care for all that squirming and screaming; Javex tp sterilize the area; Sharp hunting knife; Skinning knife; Bunch of AAA batteries; Button thread and needle - Not too rusty - should be OK; washed scrap pajamas for bandages and Duct Tape. Yep. I'm ready for the victim patient. )

When can you be here?

Cold Lake Kid Dentistry and Cabinet Maker.jpg

2 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Well now, normally I do dental but in your case I guess I can make an exception.

(Let's see now: Kitchen table to lay him out on; Rubber mallet to put him out - Don't care for all that squirming and screaming; Javex tp sterilize the area; Sharp hunting knife; Skinning knife; Bunch of AAA batteries; Button thread and needle - Not too rusty - should be OK; washed scrap pajamas for bandages and Duct Tape. Yep. I'm ready for the victim patient. )

When can you be here?

Cold Lake Kid Dentistry and Cabinet Maker.jpg

Quack! 

Every one knows you sterilize with MEK.

Captain, I see from that-there photograph that you've been issued something called "Hot Couture."

That-there is French for "One size fits nobody!"

Hang in Brother.  Theys a lot of civilians that need touchin up still.

Archived