2012: RJ Law-Bella Spencer

2013: Big 6 Henderson- Hot Tamale 

2014: GW Ryder- Squawty Bawdy

2015: Doc Baker- Serenity

2016 Tonic Kid-Marie Laveau

2017-Chilipepper Kid-Black Hills Barb

2018- Major Art Tillery-Cayenne Kay

2019- Stirrup Trouble-Mattie Mahala West

DHD, for Classic Cowgirl of the year, I would like to nominate Boss Shamrock from Missouri. Although she has only been shooting Classic for a few years, both her and her husband have fully embraced the classic style and lifestyle. She goes all out on her dressing the part, and always has a smile no matter how the stage is going. Heck of a nice person too that would do anything for someone else. She is well deserving of the honor, and last weekend they both told me that they could never see shooting another other category and they were so glad that I talked them into trying it years ago, to which I gave them my typical line, "We have to keep playing Classic, because even the gunfighters need heroes." :)

I second Boss Shamrock! I haven't been shooting this game long but when we have shot together she is always upbeat and willing to help and we were just talking this weekend about me maybe making the jump to CC.

Totally agree with boss shamrock. Always a pleasure to shoot withplus imagine how good of a person she is to put up with 3 shot shamrock ☘️

I'd like my vote for Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl of the year to go to Asa Smith. Always shows support an has tons of knowledge about the cowboy way. Has a kind word for anyone. One of the many who talked us (Boss Shamrock & 3 Shot Shamrock) into shooting as classic cowgirl & classic cowboy style and we have loved the experience an are continuing to keep staying with this style. This last weekend is a testament about his passion and commitment to the sport & his club, wear as Range Officer at Powder Creek Cowboy Club he helped put on a shoot/match with an Australian club competition. Its was a match/ day to remember !

Some of you out there may know me as Lucky Drover MO and there is a Classic Cowboy whom I feel strongly exhibits the attributes of the classical cowboy spirit and I second his nomination.

I have not been shooting for very long but I have been blessed by a heap of nice Cowboys and Cowgirls who have been tolerant of my mishaps. However, this man stands out from the rest, helpful to me during my struggles and sympathetic to my needs.

I bought my first '73 Winchester from this enthusiastic and kind-spirited cowboy who worked with me through understanding why a '73 would be such a good starter-rifle for a guy like me. He has always been there to help not only me but anyone he sees in need, often setting his own needs aside.

If there is something I want to know about historic accuracy of on a cowboy topic, he is always able to not only point out the authentic from the faux but share a wealth of historic facts and even a little cow-polk folklore into the mix, making for, not only an answer to a question, but also a rich and engaging experience where the story remains with me as I go along my way. I have seen him coordinate events and I know his reputation well, as he is spoken of highly by those I admire most in the Cowboy community.

He has been an acquaintance for just a short couple of years but in that time I have grown in my knowledge of Cowboy Heritage in great-part to my knowing and talking with him. His leadership has left me with a great fondness and respect for cowboy history and the clubs with which he is associated. 

I second the nomination for Asa Smith of the Powder Creek Cowboys for Classic Cowboy of the Year. Thank you, Asa, for all your hard work and extra time.

-Lucky Drover Mo 

• 2 weeks later...

My vote For Classic Cowgirl is for Boss Shamrock. Kim is a real diamond in the rough. Anyone who knows Kim can back up the “diamond” part of that statement and anyone who knows Three Shot can attest to the “in-the-rough” part. (Just kidding Darren) but even he would agree that Boss shines like a diamond through a lot of adversity. In Classic, there is no one I have witnessed work harder to maintain the true spirit of the category. Three-shot and Boss, I owe a lot to you guys. Thanks, Kim.

• 3 weeks later...

We had a number of great nominations of some truly fabulous Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls. The Magnificent Seven reviewed all of them and determined that Asa Smith is our 2020 Classic Cowboy Shootist of the Year and Boss Shamrock is our 2020 Classic Cowgirl Shootist of the Year. We will recognize them both with buckles at the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Dinner at Winter Range in February 2021. Please congratulate them both for what they do for the Classic category. Hope to see you at the dinner at Winter Range.

Dhd

A hearty CONGRATULATIONS to Asa and Boss! Well earned!

Winter Range... coming right up!

:D:D:D

Congratulations to Asa and Boss!! Can't wait till Winter Range and the award dinner!!

Jax T

I would like to say THANKS to all who said good things about me!

Thank You High Plains Hud for the nomination,  you are the more deserving man!

I have loved this sport from the first time I tried it back in 2001.

It was partially the guns and the fun of playing like a kid, but it was/is mostly about the people.

Guys like you-all who love the game and the history.

Men that define character, who enjoy the game as much as, (and maybe more than), the competition.

I've been shooting Classic Cowboy since before it was a category!

Anyone who has seen me shoot knows, I would not be here if it was the real deal!

High Plains Hud would have beat me to the draw years ago!

Boss Shamrock is a stellar choice for CCG!

Congratulations!

Again, Thank you to all you Classics!!

Asa Smith

Congrats to both of you. I really enjoy shooting with you. Both of you deserve it and really demonstrate the cowboy/girl spirt.

WOO HOO to you both. 

Sneaky

Congratulations to both!

Archived