SASS Wire Forum

97 win help

G W Wade

Someone here posted a video showing the complete cycling for a 97 win.  It was like a color xray of the parts going thru the cycling of the action.  Thought had it marked by seems to be gone.    Thanks GW

For some reason I can't get the link to work even the one in the post above. If you have the same problem go to Youtube.com and just do a search for Winchester 1897 and it comes up in the list.

Everybody knows you can't keep them all running for long.  Had a double feed during WB last weekend       GW

1 hour ago, Patagonia Pete said:

That's the one Pete,  Thanks    Link worked for me    Double checked my book mark this time so don't have to bother you again       GW

1 hour ago, G W Wade said:

Everybody knows you can't keep them all running for long.  Had a double feed during WB last weekend       GW

That hasn’t been my experience with my Win97’s.  They are very reliable.  Once you understand them, you can “see” the choreography of their various parts as you shoot them.  The only cautionary note I have is that you get to know:

-  that the Ejector Pin exists

-  where and how the Ejector Pin fits into the Receiver; (locate Ejector Pin in place, remove it and see how it goes in...it can stick in there)
-  when taking the shotgun down, keep watch on the Ejector Pin—don’t lose it

See Marauder’s web page for the best Win97 exploded diagram and parts list.

Cat Brules

Archived